Requisition ID: 8268
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department: Marketing and Customer Experience (20000003) - Digital Communications (30000007)
Salary Information: $80,189.20 - $100,245.60
Pay Scale Group: 8SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35 Off Days: Saturday and Sunday Shift: Day
Posted On: September 18, 2023
Last Day to Apply: September 22, 2023
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, and the Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the building and maintenance of a strong and consistent brand reputation through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels. This position will develop marketing plans including the development, execution, implementation and analysis of marketing campaigns. The incumbent is responsible for planning and implementation of a wide range of marketing initiatives in support of the TTC's overall goals and objectives.
- Liaises with the TTC's advertising agency in the development, production and execution of marketing and communications programs, creative strategies and promotional materials
- Be one of the main points of contact internally for all marketing related issues
- Remain current with best practices and trends in marketing found around the world
- Seek to create cost efficiencies and deliver value-add initiatives working with external partners
- Implement new customer-focused initiatives that support positive brand reputation and ridership goals
- Promote and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships and communications among staff, management and key external stakeholders
- Understanding of the company’s approach to budget resourcing, including the principles and applications of the business case process
- Manage departmental budgets and other vendor procurement processes
- Be responsible for selecting staff, conducting performance reviews, and ensuring employees who report directly adhere to all TTC policies and standards
- Substitute for the Manager, Marketing as required and perform related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Helps to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
Communicate in a variety of mediums
Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
Plan and organize activities / projects to meet section and organizational goals
Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline (Marketing, Communications, etc.) combined with demonstrated experience supporting marketing and advertising initiatives or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Proven planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience in print and digital advertising, branding and market research principles, practices and methodologies
- Expertise in planning and marketing execution, and the ability to adapt and apply these to TTC situations
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination applicable to the development of marketing
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other stakeholders
- Proven experience working in a customer-focused environment, including identifying and responding to customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal and influencing skills
- Project management experience including demonstrated ability to plan, direct and manage numerous projects simultaneously, from concept through to execution and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to work with budgets, and to achieve results within budget
- Must have well-developed organizational skills, and be capable of prioritizing a variety of work packages
- Ability to engage, collaborate, manage and influence key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to interpret and use different information sources and communicate them to decision makers effectively
- Familiar with public transit services in Toronto, including current issues, challenges and opportunities is preferred
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
The TTC is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion in the delivery of its services and in its workplaces. The TTC is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities it serves at all levels of the organization, and supports an inclusive environment where diverse employee and community perspectives and experiences bring value to the organization. The TTC encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ(IA+) community. The TTC values and supports an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations for applicants are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, including for those who identify as having a disability. Please contact Talent Management at (416) 393-4570. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The TTC’s policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to a relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.