Summary of Solūt
At solūt we may work with tech every day, but we do it with personality! We’re not robots; our team is comprised of real people who are helpful, professional, and clever. We understand that solving IT problems is as much about people as it is about wires and wifi. We know tech can be tough, for us though, problem-solving is fun, and we’re good at it!
We work to empower and believe in strategies that share success. We’re unique that way which keeps the entrepreneurial spirit alive and our clients at the center of everything we do. We work hard to create a great place to work through growth and development, work/life integration, and caring about each other. Speaking of great places to work, that can be from the comforts of home. Our systems allow us to stay connected, collaborate and support one another remotely. As good as tech is, we still require in-person connections, so we offer a hybrid work environment.
Ready to start a new chapter?
We're looking for an awesome IT professional whose primary purpose is to delight our clients by resolving end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, conducting end-user training where necessary, and recording all problems/solutions within our ticketing system. This is a hybrid opportunity and support services will be split between our office, client sites, and remote work.
How You’ll Shine:
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password reset, software questions, hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on across a variety of hardware devices (i.e. desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, cell phones).
- Monitor and maintain client line of business applications.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Effectively research solutions and troubleshoot client issues.
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to Tier II service technicians.
- Assist with client-wide hardware and software deployments, configurations, and maintenance.
- Accurately and thoroughly document configurations and tickets, including resolutions into ticket management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Work with Service Coordinators to prioritize tickets according to severity.
- Empower clients to find the tools to find IT solutions.
- Provide training to clients, teaching basic IT skills to minimize unnecessary tickets.
- Use past tickets to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to provide proactive service.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Participation in evening and weekend on-call rotations is required
What You'll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in information technology, Network Administration or Computer Engineering programs preferred
- Industry certificates considered an asset
- Microsoft Azure experience or certification an asset
- Familiarity with Desktop and Office productivity suites
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Strong research skills with the ability to quickly analyze information to address issues and determine best course of action using available resources
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective written, oral and telephone communication skills (English required)
- Strong customer service mindset
- A valid Class 5 Drivers license
If this is your dream job, we encourage you to apply early. Applications are reviewed as they're received and the posting will close when we find a perfect match, or at 4pm on May 8th, 2023, whichever comes first. As we generally receive an overwhelming response to our opportunities, we are only able to connect with those individuals selected for an interview.