The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a progressive and modern institution, responding to the needs of current and future students and implementing the best technology solutions to empower our work. We prioritize diversity, open doors to those often overlooked, welcome new Canadians, and provide pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education Company (which manages both Yorkville University and the Toronto Film School) began with a simple idea in 2004: offer flexible, rigorous, and career-focused degrees on campus and online to people who are on a purposeful path. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our graduates with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers value.
Focused on providing a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our teams, from the President to the newest staff member, share a passion for learning, teaching, and growing as individuals and as teams. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and genuinely kind work environment at our three campus locations.
If you want to shine a light on academic excellence, be empowered to make an impact on the transformation of the Canadian post-secondary education landscape, and work collaboratively beyond levels, join us.
Who we need
With a high level of commitment to education and providing quality connections to existing and new network of education agents both locally and internationally, the position of outbound sales is the first point of contact for international learners seeking admission to Yorkville University or The Toronto Film School.
The position is responsible for sourcing & advising international agents, prospective international students and/or parents by supporting, interviewing, and encouraging qualified students to study at Yorkville University and Toronto Film School’s programs. You will assist international agents and students in obtaining pertinent information required to study in Canada (ie. Medial insurance assistance and housing), guiding prospective students through the international admissions and registration process.
The ideal candidate for this position is described as energetic, driven, and results oriented – with a track record of meeting sales targets and a penchant for inspiring growth in others.
You have a sound understanding of the programs and courses offered and outstanding communication and interviewing skills (primarily telephone-based). You have excellent organizational skills with meticulous record-keeping and attention to detail. You have high standards of ethics and integrity, with a commitment to changing lives.
International Admissions Advisors work both directly with students and with other university departments to ensure a smooth transition into university programs and courses. Develop, enhance, and nurture relationships with international education representatives while supporting the institution’s international network.
In the role you will liaise with other internal departments relating to the support of prospective international students and applicants.
What's in it for you :
We provide a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our team shares a passion for learning, teaching, and growing. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and diverse work environment throughout our three campus locations.
- Health Benefits
- Dental Coverage
- Group RRSP Contributions
- Competitive Salary
- Fun, competitive, and challenging work environment
- Guaranteed salary plus bonus
- Incentives and rewards
- Career growth
- Free Tuition for all Yorkville University Programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
What you will do:
- Calling existing and new agencies worldwide and international students, answering questions related to admissions and programs and processing student applications.
- Providing clear and accurate information about Yorkville University and Toronto Film School and its programs, policies, admission requirements.
- Assist prospective students and applicants by providing detailed information about entrance requirements and how to apply to their program of choice.
- Listening, recognizing and considering the needs of prospective students in order to provide them with educational solutions.
- Assisting prospective students with the details of the application process.
- Providing exceptional information service and advising relating to Toronto Film School programs.
- Effectively managing data, following policy with regard to data collection and follow up on lead management system.
- Participating in all relevant marketing activities or recruiting events.
What you bring:
- 2 years of sales experience.
- Exceptional communications skills written and oral
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Outstanding telephone skills and demeanor
- Self-discipline and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Working a flexible schedule in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Shares our commitment to changing lives
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards individual performance
- Results and goal oriented
- Meticulous about keeping record
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
- An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
- The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees - and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
- A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
- The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs - right up to our Doctorate offerings.
- An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest now.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify our People Team at 1-866- 467-0661.
Job Type: Full-time