We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills to join our IT Service Desk team. Your primary role is to support users and resolve technical issues across the company. This covers a wide range of service tickets requiring both remote support and desk-side support expertise. As a mid-sized company, you will have exposure to many different technologies and opportunities to apply your skills beyond a typical IT service desk role. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to get rapid experience and wanting to grow into the next level of their IT career.
- Provide excellent customer experience.
- Resolve technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with Lux teams and users.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Seek and provide constructive and positive approaches to resolve workplace issues.
- Keep work areas tidy.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Comply with safe work practices and health and safety legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Acceptance of miscellaneous duties as required.
· Deliver exceptional customer experiences to end users through active listening, problem-solving to diagnose the root cause of the issue and timely service delivery and follow-up.
· Prioritize issues based on severity and immediacy, communicating, and collaborating with the team members to proactively solve problems, escalating issues of complexity as appropriate, in a timely manner.
· Diagnose hardware and software issues with a focus on root cause analysis. Document findings when appropriate and formulate the root cause fix to avoid similar issues from recurring.
· Provision and maintain IT Equipment including set up of hardware, and connection to the network. Issuing devices such as company laptops, software or mobile devices.
· Provide technical support for hardware and software issues to employees at all levels of the organization.
· Resolve technical issues via phone, email, remote tools or in-person support.
· Configure users, monitor and maintain Office 365, Active Directory.
· Document relevant procedures and processes related to IT support, cloud administration, and cybersecurity administration.
· Stay current with emerging trends and technologies related to IT support, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
Who you are
· You have excellent customer service skills.
· You are technically talented and love technology.
· Creative, consider multiple options and open to new ideas.
· You have awesome IT skills, and a great personality and are ready for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and work independently.
· You are a troubleshooting Rockstar and like to wear multiple hats.
· 2 years of well-rounded IT experience and proven track record.
· Cyber security minded and understand basic security concepts.
Experience & Education
· Minimum 2-year diploma in a computer-related field that included practical hands-on experience.
· Relevant industry certifications or working towards them. Examples: A+, Microsoft certifications, Cisco, ITIL, etc.
· 2-3 years of experience in an IT Service Desk environment:
- Can easily prioritize email requests, phone calls and walk-ins.
- Comfortable escalating issues in a timely fashion.
- Proven problem solver and options generator.
· 2-3 years of experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware and software. Networking and virtualization fundamentals would be great!
· 2-3 years of one or more of the following:
- Office 365 and Azure services, Windows 10 & 11
- Mobile phones and telephone support
· Working knowledge of systems and applications designed for Microsoft OS, Intune, tools, and utilities.
· Working knowledge of patching, software distribution, and security.
· Comfortable with service desk systems for monitoring, ticketing & asset tracking.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- IT support: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person