Location: Dartmouth, NS
We are looking for an Application Support Specialist reporting to the CSC Program Director located in our Dartmouth office, the Application Support Specialist will support and maintain a variety of applications and platforms.
You will be the main point of contact for technical expertise and support of the large-scale solutions. The successful candidate will also triage issues to internal support, vendors, or partners to ensure the solutions are operating effectively.
Whether you're working to add value to business processes through implementation and enhancement of technology or to remove impediments, resolve issues and clear roadblocks you'll be working with a broad array of technologies, and diverse teams to improve the end user experience at JDI.
Along the way you'll zero in on opportunities to educate users, automate the mundane, root cause issues, and improve processes; ensuring we're all better enabled to achieve our objectives day after day.
You can't wait to share the knowledge you've gained with the team!
- Assist with configuration and testing of assigned applications
- Provide 'go live' and post 'go live' support for project and solution in general
- Provide assistance in creating business requirements for future product enhancements
- Provide coaching to J.D Irving resources to develop capability for long-term internal support; includes the creation of documentation related to the support and management of solutions
- Triage errors if any and assist internal/external resources correct the software
- Upgrade software or interfaces for better performance of the solutions
- Continually review the solutions and make recommendations to improve or maintain the solutions
- Installation of various software
- Provide coaching and training to the solutions' users
- Support the Delivery/Project managers regarding solutions
- Monitor the work of external consultants
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or a combination of education and related experience
- Experience working within a technical environment with strong configuration management practices.
- Experience working with Enterprise applications
- Excellent communication skills required as well as the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of problem-solving strategies - this would include conducting and identifying root cause analysis and escalating issues as necessary
- Strong database experience with MS SQL
- Knowledge of ITIL and its application
- Experience with lifecycle management toolset and code repositories.
- Technical knowledge in the configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and IIS web hosting environments.
- Interested in configuration management as a core competency within strong teams.
- A natural leader that will foster best practice and an environment of continual improvement
- A team member that is always looking for solutions
- A team player who is highly motivated to meet all deadlines and expectations
- Interested in growing a skill set rooted in the ITIL 4 Framework.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing dynamics
- Able to work with complex data systems and perform detailed analysis
- Able to travel to company locations as necessary for requirements gathering, end-user training, and implementation activities.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values – some of our non-negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.