Leisure Sales Coordinator
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you are a brand champion and cheerleader, and an internal and external connector that drives and develops business and partnerships for Harbour Air and its associated interests. As an integral team member, you wear many hats and thrive on the challenge of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You have a positive attitude, a hearty sense of adventure (and humour) along with varied skills and interests and a passion for travel, elevated guest experiences and professionalism.
WORK HOURS: Office Hours (40hrs/week) with some evenings and travel required.
LOCATION: Victoria, or Vancouver
TERM: Full-time Regular (Permanent)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Competitive wage, extended medical and dental, flight perks (including buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), revenue share program, RRSP matching program, discounts at local restaurants and partner organizations, staff events and much more!
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Work closely with DMO’s and established partners in all markets which Harbour Air serves to design a strategic business plan.
- Actively sell established tour products to local, national and visitors directly and through all travel buyers.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts.
- Work with flight operations team to develop and implement a sales program targeted towards coastal resorts and remote destinations to increase private flight (charter) customers.
- Consistently engage and communicate with base managers to develop community presence and packages as well as engage with corporate sales, marketing, and reservation team to maintain relationships and achieve results.
- Work to continually innovate Harbour Air’s service offerings to guests for year-round operations.
- Be able to present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic, knowledgeable forecasts with monthly approvals and variance explanations.
- Ability to solve complex and time-sensitive problems both internally and externally
- Capability to work varied schedules, travel and attend community and industry events.
- Proudly represent Harbour Air and be the primary point of contact with travel industry partners, tour suppliers and hospitality customers.
- Successful 5+ years of proven sales experience. Preferably in tourism / transportation.
- Demonstrated sales ability, business sense and reputable knowledge of coastal British Columbia and the markets in which Harbour Air operates.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly assignments
- Experience in Travel Trade, working with DMO’s, DMC’s, OTA’s, the GDS and Aggregator connections as well as the hospitality industry.
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR GROUP
- Launched in 1982, Harbour Air is North America’s largest seaplane airline. With around 500 employees, it flies more than half a million passengers annually both within BC and to/from Seattle, USA.
- Our people are the backbone of our organization, and we are committed to creating a culture that inspires one another to achieve extraordinary success. We have regularly been honored as the recipient of numerous awards including BC’s Top 55 Employers, and Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter to quoting 22-73 Leisure Sales Coordinator
DEADLINE: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Harbour Air is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and value a diverse workforce.
Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and communities we serve.
Harbour Air is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require any accommodation, please email us and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person