Software, Electronics Design Engineer In Renewables Sector
Competitive Salary and Benefits
About our client:
Our client is a global leader in innovative technology development of marine focused application. With over 40 years of experience in sophisticated oceanographic environmental monitoring systems, this passionate and ever-expanding organization is one of the most sought-after employers in the industry!
About the role:
This is a multi-faceted, innovative position working within a passionate and talented group of individuals designing electronics, data systems and electrical power systems for ocean technology platforms and systems, including surface buoys, moorings, subsurface and seabed systems. You will be taking on a complex scope of tasks with responsibilities for new design, existing maintenance, department growth and development as well as growing your skillset in Project/Program Management! The growth opportunities are endless and there is zero room for boredom!
- Design control algorithms: build and test control code and provide electrical and data integration for a wide variety of instrumentation
- Responsible for the management of an active set of projects. Oversee full scope of project execution in addition to maintaining project deliverables, budgets, schedule, status.
- Maintaining strong communication with sales, field service, customer service and other stakeholders to execute procedures for design and development, support, and control of non-conforming product.
- Bachelor of Engineering electrical, software, computer, mechanical, systems engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in the design engineering field with a thorough understanding of product design principles and standards
- Highly communicative with a passion for innovation and a drive for excellence.
- Professional engineering designation or eligible to obtain in province of British Columbia
- Leadership experience within multidisciplinary development teams and demonstrated ability to lead teams to successful outcomes.
- Object Oriented design methodology and implementation experience.
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout for embedded systems design
- Senior level programming/debugging skills. Preferred experience with programming in C for embedded systems, and Python for data analytics and scripting/automation.
- Prior experience with the implementation of Distributed Energy Resources such as Solar/PV Inverters or Wind Turbines
- Experience with test equipment typically used for embedded electronics development such as Logic Analyzers, high performance Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!
Key Words: Design Engineer, Electrical engineer, software engineer, computer engineer, mechanical engineer, systems engineer, Firmware Engineer, Analog, Digital, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, microcontroller, microprocessor, microcontrollers and low-level hardware interfaces, e.g. SPI and I2C; standard peripherals: Flash, RAM, ADCs, EEPROM etc, #TSSHP ##LI-TS1