Position Type: Temporary Full-Time (12-month term, 37.5 hours/week)
Department: Marketing & Communications
Posting Closing Date: September 24, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: October 30, 2023
Number of positions available: 1
The Marketing Coordinator is a key role in our marketing team, responsible for the development and execution of seasonal and promotional marketing material and contributing to the overall creative development of all collateral, in-print, web/online and video.
Key projects and work performed:
- Assist in the development and execution of seasonal and promotional marketing material
- Contribute to the overall creative development of all collateral, in-print, web/online and video
- Manage partner social media channels including Facebookand Instagram channels
- Write, edit and publish blogs and other written communications on online platforms
- Designs/edits online collateral to ensure consistent style across all media
- Design web graphics for the Oval website and all sub-brand sites/pages, with a focus on web usability and consistent style throughout
- Assist with content management through our WordPress and Unbounce websites
- Assist with schedule creation and timing of film/photography session with external vendors
- On-site supervision of filming/photography sessions
- Provide feedback on final products from vendors, ensuring consistency of design and adhering to branding guidelines
Content Marketing (Development, Production and Distribution)
- Develops and maintains the content marketing calendar with appropriate Managers to support their business unit objectives and Oval legacy goals.
- Writes and coordinates high utility content for our blog, website and social media distribution.
- Coordinates videography and photography sessions as necessary with third party vendors (including vendor selection, staff, models, wardrobe, etc.)
- Archives all digital media.
- Creates and posts regular, up-to-date and engaging content specific for appropriate social media channels.
- Coordinates social graphics with in-house graphic designer and sources imagery in relation to planned written content and social media posts.
- Engages in-house Oval staff to regularly contribute to social media content and goals.
- Responds or coordinates the response to social media feedback, comments and messages.
- Monitors social media statistics and trends for optimized delivery.
- Creates and sends regular drip email marketing campaigns for Membership and Programming departments.
- Works with Program Managers to develop and maintain an up-to-date and segmented email database.
- Monitors direct email communication statistics and provides reports to supervisor monthly.
Media Coordination and Administration
- Greets, accredits, and provides info kits / schedules to media as they arrive for events / press conferences.
- Prepares rooms / areas for press conferences.
- Maintains media database and distribution lists.
- Proactively creates and then provides media with factual information on Oval programs, services, people and facility on demand.
- Coordinates media interviews as necessary according to the List of Official Oval Spokespeople.
- Ensures that no official comments, information releases or opinions are shared on behalf of the organization unless authorized to do so by supervisor.
- Archives all media written or produced regarding the Richmond Olympic Oval, its staff and programs / services.
- Provides guided media tours of the Richmond Olympic Oval.
- Book, coordinate and attend Oval street team event presence at both internal and external events with the objective of raising forward-looking indicators of membership and program sales.
- Books staff for each event, coordinates and transports materials to and from the event if necessary.
General Marketing Communications Assistance
- Assists supervisor in the creation and implementation of the marketing plan.
- Stays current on sport, health and wellness marketing trends.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of copywriting and content creation experience across multiple formats and platforms
- 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- Knowledge of social media platforms, trends and social listening tools
- Proficiency in WordPress, or other content management software
- Superior teamwork and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of SEO an asset
- Video and image capture plus editing skills is an asset, along with proficiency with such software as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop Cloud, etc.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PPT.
- An understanding of HTML and publishing via Adobe Dreamweaver a definite asset.
- Organization, attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality are key accountabilities.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends to accomodate events and pre-post work day training sessions.
Salary and Benefits: $63,665-$79,580 per annum (Dependent on experience and qualifications). We provide a comprehensive extended health and dental plan, in addition to an individual Health Spending Account, Paid Sick leave, Vacation, Municipal Pension Plan (MPP). We offer a unique workplace with a fun, welcoming and collaborative culture as well as awesome Oval Perks including access to our fitness centre, enhanced fitness classes, basketball courts, two Olympic size ice rinks— and access to Metro Vancouver’s tallest climbing in addition to other Oval amenities!
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs, and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
Our GOLD medal candidate is personable, has a great attitude, is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, and has a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our organization and our community.