9902 101 Street, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2P4
Catholic Education Centre
Phone (780) 532-3013
Applications are invited for:
Director of Finance
Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools covers a geographical area that includes the regional communities of Grande Prairie, Beaverlodge, Fairview, Sexsmith, and Spirit River. We are a team of approximately 700 full-time, part-time, and casual staff who provide quality teaching and learning experiences for approximately 5500 students.
Under general supervision of the Secretary Treasurer, the Director of Finance will plan, organize, direct and coordinate District accounting, budgeting, payroll, risk management and other fiscal functions as well as prepare projections of revenue and forecast of the district’s financial picture.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess both accounting and administrative controls ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and completion of audit activities.
- Investigate variance in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances.
- Assist in preparation of the operating budget and financial statements.
- Review transactions for completeness and accuracy including account coding and proper authorization for department processing.
- Reviewing and approving Division payroll.
Desired Qualifications and ExperienceSix or more year’s successful accounting experience within a similar organization or corporation.
- Completing of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or a related diploma, degree, or experience in finance, accounting, business or related field;
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Knowledge of management principles of risk management, facilities planning, printing services, and statistical report preparation.
- Knowledge of business systems management and fiscal administration.
- Knowledge of applicable District, Provincial and Federal laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Able to prepare clear, accurate and timely financial statements and written and oral reports.
Starting salary is negotiable based on relevant qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits and pension package. Incremental progression along the salary grid annually, subject to satisfactory evaluation and approved by the Superintendent of schools. Applications received no later than November 17, 2023, will be given careful consideration. Only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Police Information Check.
Interested applicants can submit cover letter, a complete resume, and three references with current contact information to:
Dr. Jessie Shirley, Superintendent of Schools
Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 2P4
Phone: (780) 532-3013
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $106,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-11-17