Position: Property Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
The Property Manager is accountable to the Senior Property Manager.
The Property Manager is responsible for the management of the building, including all property management and RGI administration. Where appropriate, the Property Manager will work in collaboration with the Community and Partnership Co-ordinator, the referring agencies and other employees of the building to assist the tenants in the development of the tenant community.
The duties of the Property Manager fall under the falling categories:
1. Corporate Services
· Prepare reports for Board meetings as required;
· Assist the Operations Manager in the establishment and monitoring of policies and procedures;
· Represent the building in legal proceedings related to evictions, money judgements and other matters as directed by the Board.
2. Financial Management
· Cooperate with the bookkeeper in areas where their respective responsibilities complement and, of necessity, overlap;
· Cooperate with the organization’s Auditors when necessary;
· Receive rent and make deposits;
· Issue late payment notices to tenants;
· Prepare arrears reports for the Board;
· Administer the lease and Arrears Policy with respect to delinquent accounts;
· Issue rent increase and other notices to members
· Ensure all expenditures, including payroll expenditures, are authorized according to the building’s spending policy;
· Administer the building’s petty cash fund.
· Administer subsidy program in accordance with program guidelines.
3. Property Management
· In co-operation with the Physical Assets Manager, Assist in the planning and monitoring of preventative and corrective maintenance programs.
· Ensure that routine maintenance is being carried out, and inform the maintenance worker and the Board of any shortcomings in this area;
· Receive and direct maintenance work requests;
· Retain and supervise tradesmen and contractors with proper authorization;
· Ensure that maintenance and inventory records are established and maintained
· Administer service and utility contracts
· Coordinate maintenance-related aspects of move-ins and move-outs (unit inspections, repairs, cleaning, etc.), following the Vacancy Policy.
· Assist in the hiring and dismissal of maintenance and temporary staff in conjunction with, or as delegated by, the Operations Manager
· Supervise temporary or part-time personnel
· Participate in the performance evaluations of other staff
5. Property Management Office Administration
· Correspondence (or directing correspondence to Board or appropriate committee);
· Filing (both manual and computer);
· Purchase office supplies, equipment and furnishings, with any necessary Board approval;
· Monitor and project expenditures related to office administration;
· Schedule the use of the meeting room;
· Key control;
· General office management
6. Community Development
· Assist the Community and Partnership Co-ordinators in the establishment and overseeing of mechanisms whereby all tenant concerns are registered and dealt with appropriately;
· Assist the Community and Partnership Co-ordinators in the establishment of an effective communication process so that tenants are aware of what is going on in the building
· Respond to public inquiries about the building;
· Attend committee meetings as required;
· Works in collaboration with the Community and Partnership Co-ordinators to supervise the after hours staff.
Please note: Interviews will occur on rolling basis; please apply as soon as you can.
Successful candidates must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening reference check to the satisfaction of St. Clare’s Multifaith Housing Society
Accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process, please call 437 421 2958
St. Clare’s Multifaith Housing Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
All new St. Clare’s employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with our Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are exempt on the basis of medical or other grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person