We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
GWAM Data Office is seeking a Sr IT Project Manager with a proven track record of successfully delivering Big Data initiatives. The PM will lead onshore/offshore squad(s) on various data initiatives, working with cross functional teams, delivering business value.
- Responsible for driving technical projects in the Enterprise Data Lake for Global Wealth and Asset Management business
- Leads and coordinates technical projects through all phases of initiation, development, and implementation
- Works with clients to define and manage the scope, strategy, requirements, and implementation of projects
- Ensures that assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client business objectives
- Identifies, analyzes, mitigates, documents, and controls project risks
- Provides effective and regular communication within the project team, partners, sponsors, and management
- Identifies resource needs for the project and establishes roles, expectations, and goals with team members
- Drives the assessment, management, and mitigation of project risks that impede successful project delivery
- Reports on and manages project resource tracking and budgets for project area
- Understands nature of impact and builds lessons learned for future delivery
Strong contributor able to enable others within immediate team
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in Project Management
- Has expertise in leading iterative and agile initiatives; PMP or CSM designation would be an asset
- Experience leading Big Data initiatives with exposure to Cloud technology
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical terms
- Has experience in collaborating and partnering with programmers, database admins, system engineers and architects, network engineers, vendor SMEs across a global, distributed environment
- Solid track record of leading and delivering large scale IT projects involving cross functional IT teams and business partners
- Solid track record of effective monitoring and reporting project updates, risks and critical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes to technical and non-technical audience
- Demonstrates skill, and strong interpersonal skills for the role across the project
- Use knowledge of the field and the market to suggest alternate approach options to leadership based on current project obstacles and objectives
- High standard of work within the project applying both skills and experience
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to lead through creative abrasion
- Knowledge of corporate function processes and capabilities
- Strong problem-solving skills, copes with sophisticated situations using both skills and experience to lead to the right outcome
- Experience working with onshore and offshore teams and vendors
- Capital markets and asset management experience
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation : We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between
$89,950.00 CAD - $167,050.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.