Piedmont Plastics is the leading independent and privately held distributor of performance plastics in North America. Since first opening our doors in 1968 with just one location and five employees, Piedmont has grown to over 50 locations across North America employing over 650 individuals.
At Piedmont Plastics, we are a family, and believe our people are the foundation of our success. Our company culture is engrained in every facet of our business, and we are devoted to maintaining an enjoyable, open, and supportive atmosphere across the organization. We care about and respect one another by demonstrating integrity in everything we do and take pride in giving our employees the ability to thrive in a growth-oriented environment.
Our diverse workforce brings passion to the mission of Piedmont Plastics every day – to be best-in-class in the distribution of performance plastics. Our materials can be found in every industry market segment, and we are concentrated on satisfying our customers with expert product knowledge and a solutions-focused mentality. Join a team that works together in a collaborative and winning environment to continuously exceed customers’ expectations. After all, Piedmont Plastics is “where solutions take shape!”.
We are currently hiring for a Warehouse Manager to lead our Kitchener, ON Canada warehouse. Reporting to the Branch General Manager, you will coordinate and supervise the daily activities of this expansive distribution warehouse. This is an important, high impact supervisory position where you will oversee the receiving, warehousing and shipping of our products.
As a Warehouse Manager you will also be responsible for:
- Receiving – verify the quantity and condition of materials received; bar code inventory items; scan and label material received and complete receiving documents
- Shipping – scan outbound material; assure material is properly packaged to prevent damage in transit; complete all shipping documents to assure correct freight and COD charges are applied; process UPS close-out and assist with customer pick-ups
- Warehouse management – ensure warehouse is kept clean; order supplies and supervise the preventative maintenance of equipment
- Safety – conduct inspections; ensure employees are trained and adhere to safety guidelines; serve as safety coordinator for branch
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material
- Inventory – responsible for inventory accuracy; proper storage and handling
- Other job duties include picking and selecting products; palletizing and packaging products; loading trailers; driving a forklift and lifting material between 55-100 lbs by hand and company compliance regarding safety training
An ideal candidate will possess;
- 2 years minimum of warehouse supervisory experience
- A high school diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a production warehouse environment, preferably experience doing CNC Machinist work and is familiar with cutting tools, such as saw machinery.
- The ability to establish priorities and multi-task along with proficiency in measurements
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The strength and endurance to safely lift 55-100 lbs
- Forklift experience or certification
What Piedmont Plastics offers:
- Industry leading wages
- Full suite of generous employee benefits including medical, dental, and life coverage; paid time-off, employer matching RRSP plan, paid time-off
- A chance to work for a growing company that truly cares about its employees
Please apply for the position by using the Apply Now button
No phone calls from applicants or staffing firms, please
Piedmont Plastics is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.