Explorance is a rapidly growing software company recognized for its unique workplace culture. We strive to be the best we can be for our people, our customers, and the community. Our continued success is leading us to evolve our hosted services, including expanding on our Azure footprint to leverage the latest public cloud technologies.
We are looking for an exceptional Cloud System Administrator to join our dynamic team who thrives in a demanding, fast-moving environment. Reporting to the VP of Cloud Services and Security, this individual will collaborate closely with the CloudOps and DBA team, SecOps, Technical Customer Support team, R&D, Architecture, and Product Management, to deploy and manage the reference architectures while continuously developing standards and policies that ensure the delivery of products and services that are secure, highly available and scalable.
What you will do as our new Cloud System Administrator:
- As a senior system administrator on the Cloud Operations team, you will be hands-on operational supporting our production cloud platform to ensure reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance
- Manage and establish priorities for analysis, design, development, and maintenance of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, and security implementations
- Design and execute short and long-term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs
- Help define and manage the Disaster Recovery Strategy for the cloud systems
- Report and prepare strategies to maintain private cloud infrastructure
- Expand current monitoring or develop new monitoring cadence to provide a more holistic approach (e.g., Site Reliability and Observability)
- Foster a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building
- Maintain and improve company standards
- Support the activities of our Cloud Operations according to contractual agreements and obligations including reporting, monitoring, and dashboards
- Track our cloud customer SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and ensure total conformity to these customer commitments
- Create and maintain complete and accurate documentation for operational audits including security and compliance
- Determine necessary operations certifications and implement plans for securing and maintaining these certifications
- Participate in strategic platform and technology decisions, including innovative technologies, cost-savings strategies, improved processes, and unique value features
- Manage the day-to-day service delivery and escalations through a holistic, end-to-end incident management process
Here is what you will bring to the role
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft environments (Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server)
- Experience with virtualization platforms, preferably Hyper-V
- Experience with data protection software for virtual, physical and cloud infrastructures (i.e: Veeam)
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Experience with web application environments, including TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of networks, firewall systems, and routing protocols
- Proficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash
- Hands-on experience with high availability web architecture and technology
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex system problems that include capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability, or high availability initiatives
- Experience with centralized logging services and backup systems
- Minimum of 10 years of successful in-depth knowledge and experience within the private and public cloud space
- Know how to adapt to a constantly evolving environment and like to bring forth innovative ideas
- Worked in 24x7 operations and are passionate about delivering premier enterprise-grade cloud and hosted services
- Experienced managing hosted operations, with a proven record of accomplishment
- Have worked on production environment compliance, certifications, and audits including security
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and networking security concepts
- Sense of initiative, resourcefulness, and autonomy
- Great team spirit and ability to work effectively across teams within Explorance and with partners to "make it happen"
- Work efficiently, organized, and good time management
- Able to work under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and writte
- Only apply if you are a Montreal (or surroundings) resident that is interested in being part of a vibrant and highly engaged at-the-office culture.
At Explorance, we take inclusion to heart and live it each day. We put the ‘human’ first in everything we do and take pride in our authenticity and culture of inclusion. We therefore encourage persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. We make employment-related decisions without regard to any of these characteristics. And to ensure a safe workspace for all our employees, all employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory background and reference check.
Founded in 2003, Explorance supports more than 20 million people in their individual journeys of purpose, growth, and impact. As the leading provider of Feedback Analytics Solutions, Explorance empowers organizations with actionable decision-making by measuring students’ and employees’ needs, expectations, skills, knowledge, and competencies. Explorance facilitates continuous improvement and accelerates the insight-to-action cycle leading to personal growth and organizational agility. Headquartered in Montreal with business units in Chicago, Chennai, Melbourne, Amman, and London. Explorance works with 25% of the Fortune 100 and 30% of the top Higher Education institutions, including 8 of the world’s top 10 business schools. The company has clients in more than 50 countries.