Community & Special Events Coordinator - 12 Month Mat Leave
The Community & Special Events Coordinator will be responsible for managing Longboard’s internal and external events from start to finish. This is a fulfilling role for someone who thrives planning a variety of events, is enthusiastic about community involvement and enjoys collaboration. You will work closely with key stakeholders and organize all details for events such as Habitat for Humanity builds, Abbotsford Food Bank volunteer opportunities, trade show booths, and training events for our Architectural partners from all over North America. You are focused on engagement and will be an active part of our Culture Committee, where you will help plan team events, from pumpkin carving contests to large scale family BBQs with dunk tanks and balloon castles. Our ideal candidate has at least two years of event planning experience, has a passion for making a positive impact in the community and has a long history of coordinating successful events – with an emphasis on community involvement and charity.
What We Do:
We provide the design and construction community with inspiring architectural products for thoughtful spaces. We believe that our team, inspired by a vision and fueled with passion, will achieve the extraordinary.
The Longboard head office and principal manufacturing facility are located in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Situated in the Fraser Valley, just 60km east of Vancouver, Abbotsford is a quickly growing, diverse and family-friendly city with a lot to offer! Our brand new state-of-the-art modern corporate office and manufacturing facility features a fitness center, available electric car charging stations, and is in close proximity to Highway 1 for a quick commute from anywhere in the Lower Mainland.
Here at Longboard, we value every team member, offering full benefit options including health spending, employee assistance, RRSP matching, a profit-share program, and frequent team-building events as well as playing an active role in our community. Join a workplace where you can grow, be challenged, and become part of our team atmosphere.
Watch a short video about what it's like to work with us:
What You Will Do:
- Plan, organize and execute external events – community engagement, charitable events, and trade shows.
- Plan, organize and execute events for internal company functions – such as parties, sales meetings, and training events with external guests.
- Discuss budget and expectations with key stakeholders.
- Research venues and vendors that fit the occasion within budget.
- Source multiple quotes and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Schedule staff and set up/clean up crews for event days.
- Oversee each phase of the event to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Process all invoices to make sure vendors are paid promptly.
- Be an active member of our Culture Committee.
- Completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, hospitality, or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of event planning experience
- Substantial portfolio of successful events – with an emphasis on community involvement and charity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A calm under pressure attitude
- A flexible schedule
We are looking for people who:Identify with our Purpose:
- Friendly & Customer-Service Oriented: Comfortable making calls and talking to new people all-day. Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor.
- Passionate: Has a passion for event planning and contributing to the community.
- Organized: Independently prioritize assignments consistent with business goals and successfully implement projects on time and within budget.
- Adaptable: Able to develop custom solutions to meet Longboard’s demands
- Positive Force: Bring a can-do attitude to all assigned projects
- Quick Learner: Familiarize yourself quickly with our facility, systems, technology, and products
We help make the world a better place when Longboard products are chosen to enhance inspiring design!
Share Our Values:
Strive for Greatness:
- People Come First
- We are in this together
- There is always a better way
- Committed to compassionate acts and human flourishing
Built on the belief that a great workplace can be a fantastic development ground for learning the disciplines which lead to living a great life, Longboard is committed to putting our people first and working together to achieve audacious goals.
Working at Longboard is fun, rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging. Our team is Innovative, Passionate and Dedicated to bringing the best products to the market and to provide Radical Client Care, Relentless Executional Improvement and Revolutionary Product