Job Title: Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Managers are responsible for hiring, developing and leading all store associates while ensuring optimal customer experiences, effectively overseeing all store operations, and maintaining brand standards. Develop the strategies and plans to achieve key performance indicators and financial targets through business analysis, action planning, effective communication and consistent accountability. Assistant Managers, as part of their development, support the Store Manager in all areas outlined below and are responsible for all Primary Duties when the Store Manager is not present.
- 30% Brand: Provides supervision and supports the direction planning of associates daily goals and activities to deliver an exceptional client experience which maximizes sales/KPIs and drives customer loyalty in assigned stores. Emphasis placed on both the in-store selling model and Omni-channel. Ensures all brand standards are met such as merchandising, POGs, marketing, back rooms, dress code, etc. Acts as main point of contact to resolve customer issues and concerns. Analyzes store trends and can anticipate customer demands.
- 30% People: Engages, trains and develops their teams to achieve positive results. Leverages internal hiring platforms and actively recruits to build strong network of external candidates to fill positions when required. Can identify strengths as well as opportunities for each associate and can effectively address by coaching or counseling. Holds team accountable to Company policies and expectations. Maintains positive associate relations by resolving associate concerns and keeping associates informed of relevant Company information. Builds strong working relationships with Store Manager peers. Maintains consistent and timely communication with AM/DM. Fosters an environment of diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- 30% Operations: Ensures execution of all company processes through training, management, analysis and continuous improvement. Ensures all processes to support digital strategies are utilized such as Omni-channel fulfillment (SFS/SDD/BOPIS).
- Store Managers effectively manages inventory through ordering and shipment processing. Manages payroll hours to the needs of the business and schedules appropriately. Ensures all store opening and closing procedures are performed correctly. Timely and accurate follow through with Company directives, assignments projects.
- 10% Safety/Loss Prevention: Ensures the store environment is safe at all times for associates and customers; all policies and procedures are followed and enforced. Responsible for protecting company assets by ensuring all inventory and cash control procedures are being followed in store as they relate to shrink, damages, banking, etc. Analyzes and utilizes all available reporting, tools and technology. Ensures stores are compliant with all HAZMAT training and execution.
Knowledge, Skills/Abilities and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must 18 years of age or older
- Minimum 3+ years retail sales/customer service experience preferred
- At least 1+ year(s) prior management experience preferred
- Ability to lead or support a team of associates to meet business objectives
- Can effectively communicate with team and management
- Must have scheduling availability to meet the needs of the business
- Cosmetology license desirable, but not required
- Passionate Learner
- Desire to grow and learn
- Flexible Agile Adapter
- Adjusts to multiple demands and effectively responds to new circumstances and ambiguous situations
- Talent Builder
- Builds competent, diverse teams by hiring, developing, motivating and coaching talent and prepares for future success
- Effective Communicator
- Expresses information in a candid, straight forward way, creating an engaging and inviting, open environment
- Team Builder
- Develops strong partnerships and engages with all associates, at all levels, and across different functions/segments within the Company. Understands the importance of inclusion.
- Customer Focused Partner
- Understands and works to meet the needs of external and internal customers
- Results Driver
- Effective at driving and delivering plans, holds self and team accountable to a high standard to deliver objectives. Lead and motivates team and demonstrates GRIT with a determination to succeed.
- Strategic Thinker
- Demonstrates vision and broad perspective to drive business performance
- Big Picture Thinker
- Executes and adapts plans, follows through on commitments and keeps up with the pace of the business. Not afraid to innovate.
- Problem Solver Decision Maker
- Analyzes information and objectively evaluates alternatives to make sound decisions
Nature and Extent of Direct or Indirect Controls Exercised by the Supervisor
- Task Level High
- Departmental/Division Level High
- Project Level High
- Consultative Level High
The amount of discretion or freedom this position has
- Strict Adherence to Guidelines
- Interprets and Adapts Guidelines
- Develops and Implements Guidelines
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- The position requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as shipment or record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity. May be required to work in other stores from time to time.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, retail store and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.