The Project Manager oversees each project from concept to completion, providing leadership and direction to the project team. The IT Project Manager delivers the projects within the designated time and pre-set budgets. The Project Manager is responsible for providing project management excellence on critical strategic initiatives through disciplined execution project performance. This includes cost, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and programs while ensuring project profitability, schedule adherence, safety, and customer satisfaction. The IT Project Manager is also responsible for providing leadership and direction to other project team members and fostering relationships with all project stakeholders to further business development. In addition, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for assisting in overseeing day-to-day IT operations.
- Manage all aspects of the project including project scoping, resource assignment, project plan development, budget management, project tracking, monitoring, and reporting through the application of proven project management principles and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain all project documentation (Project Plan, Issue and Action Logs, Risk Management, Communication Plan, Status Reports, Post Implementation Reviews, etc.).
- Identify benefits expected from initiatives and conduct post-implementation reviews to report on and track results.
- Pull together resources effectively to implement projects. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish objectives.
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage potential risks that will arise. Communicate these to the stakeholders on a regular basis and ensure decisions are made quickly and effectively.
- Assist in the development and implementation of templates, procedures and processes as part of the continuous development of the Strategy, Data & Partnerships team.
- Maintain the brand through service through project delivery, strong communication with stakeholders, and acting feedback.
- Build effective networks and working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of IT Operations, DevOps, and ITOps
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills as related to providing clear, concise, crisp project updates
- Ability to communicate up and down the management chain, providing the appropriate level of detail and focus on the right information
- Ability to translate technical information into simple, and non-technical speak for the wider stakeholders
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner
- Familiarity with modern cloud architecture and enterprise-grade infrastructure
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, Google tool suite, project management software and approaches (waterfall project management and agile methodology)
- Prior ERP implementation experience will be considered as an asset.
- Prior experience working in the Storage industry will be considered as an asset.
- Problem Solving
- Pride of Ownership
- Process Compliance
- Directing Others
- Integrity & Trust
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Team player
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology Management, Computer Science, or equivalent education is required
- PMP Certification is required
- 5+ years of Project Management (Business & IT) experience is required
- Experience working with NetSuite will be considered an asset
Physical Demands & Environment
- The position is located at Etobicoke in Toronto.
- Occasional travel to Ottawa will be required as training or business needs arise.
This job description is intended to convey the information required to understand the scope of the job and the general nature of the work to be performed. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Must complete assessment: https://test.imocha.io/AuthenticateKey?id=dface2aa37
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person