Our company is developing an innovative online platform that will provide K-12 students worldwide with access to our high-quality tutoring services. This platform will break down geographical barriers and allow students to benefit from our expertise, regardless of their location. With this online system, students unable to attend on-campus tutoring sessions shall be able to learn and grow with us. The online platform also offers increased scheduling flexibility, allowing students to learn at their own pace and at times that suit their needs. Additionally, our teachers will have the ability to communicate with each other online, share resources, and collaborate more efficiently, enhancing the overall quality of the educational experience.
To ensure the successful development of our online platform, we are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who will be responsible for collecting user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various programming languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, or .NET programming languages like C++ or JScript.NET. The ideal candidate will have experience with the full software development life cycle and will be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate for the Information system manager should possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in the system architecture and design patterns
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or IT.
- Proven three to four years of work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to identify and prioritize features.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write and maintain clean, efficient, well-documented, and testable code
- Develop individual components of software that integrate smoothly and seamlessly into the larger program.
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions using various programming languages (such as Java, Python, Ruby, .NET).
- Test and debug software to ensure that it meets requirements and functions properly.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that code is maintainable, scalable, and secure.
- Document the software they develop, including design documents, user manuals, and technical specifications.
- Manage and coordinate the team members throughout the development process.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- On-Site meetings and Reviews required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$60.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Richmond, BC V6X 3X9