Req ID: 158912
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Halifax Infirmary Robie Street Entrance - QEII
Department: QERD Sr Dir QEII RedevelopmentPrjt CM
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly FT long-assignment (100% FTE) x 2 positions
Status: MGMT/NON-Union Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 26-Jul-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.comto see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
Nova Scotia Health (NSH) provides sustainable, safe, and high-quality health services that are accessible, people-centred, promote health and wellness and optimize the health of all Nova Scotians. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community-based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Nova Scotia Healthcare Infrastructure “More, Faster” Initiative is an initiative to realign care and services throughout the Central Zone. The initiative is the largest healthcare infrastructure project to take place in Nova Scotia. This complex, multi-site, multi-phase project, and the active patient care environment within which the work is being delivered, combine to form a high-risk situation, in which effective engagement, well thought-through project management skills and strong leadership skills are necessary to mitigate many types of risk and ensure successful planning for healthcare infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager, Planning – Major Healthcare Infrastructure Planning, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading the successful planning of several major healthcare infrastructure planning initiatives within Nova Scotia.
The Project Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders as well as managing and forging relationships with key external stakeholders including Department of Health and Wellness, Department of Public Works, Build NS, consultants, architects, engineers, and contractors as required.
This role is one of two project managers within the team, who will work in partnership to drive several healthcare infrastructure planning initiatives including the development of master programs, master plans, and functional programs and managing and reporting on project budget, schedule, scope, and risks to hospital leadership and key partners.
This role will have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Lead all aspects of the planning cycle for several major healthcare infrastructure projects, including the development of master programs, master plans, and functional programs
- Lead development of needs assessments, business cases, functional programs, and design briefs to inform this work
- Support development and administration of a project management framework - including the use of portfolio management and project management practices and tools to support a community of practice for project management
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective project approach and methodology in alignment to infrastructure and project management best practices, incorporating innovative practices and solutions where appropriate
- Establish critical success criteria and key performance indicators to monitor and report on successful planning of healthcare infrastructure projects
- Establish effective risk management strategies, including implementing effective processes to identify, escalate, manage, and mitigate risks, issues, and challenges
- Develop and implement an effective stakeholder engagement strategy for successful planning of priority initiatives
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including regional, provincial and/or private sector partners to ensure the successful completion of project deliverables
- Lead and support a multi-disciplinary project team through all phases of the project life cycle, providing coaching, motivation, and guidance throughout the duration of projects
We would love to hear from you if you have the required following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related area, business, architecture, or engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in health care environment or equivalent, working with dynamic teams and managing complex, large-scale projects
- Project management experience
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or similar an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset
- Certified Health Executive (CHE) designation an asset
- Experience in infrastructure projects, healthcare construction projects, or clinical background an asset
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Long-Assignment / Full-Time Position (100%) / 75 Hours Bi-weekly
- Start date as soon as possible, with an anticipated end date of June, 2028
Compensation and Incentives
$38.79 - $48.48 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.79-$48.48 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person