Job ID: 41251
Job Category: Administrative
Division & Section: Engineering & Construction Services, ECS Engineering Review
Work Location: 150 Borough Drive
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, 1 Permanent
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $32.77 - $35.92
Shift Information: Monday to Friday 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 29-SEP-2023 to 13-OCT-2023
Reporting to the Manager, the Support Assistant B performs a wide range of clerical tasks in a fast paced, agile environment pertaining to the administrative functions of the Engineering Transit Review Unit.
- Performs various administrative tasks for the managers and their teams involving the preparation, research, summary and reconciliation of data and the control and expedition of documents, data, revenues, and cash.
- Prepares and processes documents/statistical summaries/reports, memoranda, minutes, and other documents. Assesses and analyses data. Drafts and signs correspondence.
- Checks work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policy and procedures and corrects/resolves outstanding/incorrect items. Identifies issues and recommends solutions. Performs complex calculations.
- Directs, coordinates, schedules and trains assigned staff. Checks/verifies work of assigned staff.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepares presentation material. Utilizes detailed layout and formatting.
- Co-ordinates and maintains a digital complex record/retrieval system. Maintains office supplies inventories.
- Responds to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from senior staff, the public, agencies and other levels of government utilizing in-depth knowledge of procedures, regulations and criteria.
- Reviews, accepts or rejects material/applications from the public, ensuring all criteria have been met.
- Receives and prepares cheque and payment requisitions and coordinates with accounts, monitors and balances petty cash, prepares bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciliations and processes/checks financial payments. Assists with budget administration for unit.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, events, room bookings, schedules. Takes notes/transcribes/distributes minutes and provides status report on follow up action items.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience performing secretarial and administrative support duties to management staff dealing with both technical and policy issues.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat, including advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience creating and formatting documents, reports, charts, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience accurately inputting information in database systems.
- Experience taking, transcribing, and distributing meeting minutes.
You must also have:
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively according to procedures and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence and memoranda
- Ability to prepare detailed correspondence, summaries, statements and documentation requiring the interpretation and application of a wide range of administrative practices.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, senior management, councillors, the public, and other stakeholders in a professional manner, with the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to set up hardcopy and digital/computerized filing systems in accordance with Corporate Records Management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and under time constraints.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and to maintain diplomacy & discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively and independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
- Knowledge of workplace relevant legislation including Human Rights, AODA and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.