* This role is open to remote-based candidates based in Canada *
We’re on the lookout for a Content Marketing Specialist that is creative powerhouse ready to join our close-knit marketing team. Your goal is to supercharge our sales and marketing growth through compelling storytelling, and strategic campaign planning. As a key contributor, your primary focus will be crafting compelling blog content, customer case studies, and implementing finely tuned B2B strategies tailored to our target audience.
If you get excited about crafting content that authentically connects with an audience, sparks meaningful conversations, loves celebrating customer successes, and knows how to leverage data to drive growth, then we would love to get to know you better.
Who we are
Traction Rec empowers customers with great technology. Built on the Salesforce platform, we enable YMCA’s, Jewish Community Centers (JCC’s), and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to deliver their services and achieve their missions. At the heart of Traction Rec is our desire to support non-profit community centers and the amazing good they do.
Traction Rec was recently recognized by Salesforce as Nonprofit Sales Partner of the Year, ISV Partner of the Year, and featured in the 2021 Ready to Rocket List. Traction Rec takes pride in the development of product and services, and building strong relationships with partners and customers.
At our core, we love community. We are looking for people who want to join an active group of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. We welcome you to experience a vibrant personal and professional journey by joining our diverse team.
Traction Rec'rs come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from diverse backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in content marketing, content strategy, B2B marketing, or digital marketing.
- You’re a natural and passionate storyteller who can create engaging and impactful blog articles, compelling customer case studies, and persuasive calls-to-action.
- You can easily communicate technical product details to non-technical stakeholders through use cases and benefits.
- You’ve got the magic power that blends creativity with strong SEO focus and data analysis, to enhance visibility with tools like Google Analytics 4 and Google Search Console.
- You live by content principles related to readability, audience targeting, and its role in guiding customers towards taking action.
- You're comfortable with your graphic design skills to support content pieces and creative projects, big and small.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in small teams, with excellent project management skills and a keen eye to detail.
- Bonus points if:
- You’ve worked in nonprofit, community centers.
- You’ve worked in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- You've got a portfolio to share. We'd love to see some examples!
- You’re a results oriented person who likes to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- You’re energized by a fast-paced environment.
- You’re confined only by your imagination, not your job description.
What You Will Be Doing
Develop and execute a content strategy tailored to grow our brand awareness, address our target audience's challenges, support demand generation efforts, and highlight the successes of our customer community.
- Take charge of producing valuable and effective content across a spectrum of marketing channels, including blog articles, success stories, email campaigns, and social media.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Sales, Product) to leverage customer insights, generate engaging topics, and produce content that highlights our unique value proposition.
- Align content efforts with account-based marketing strategies to create new types of content (lead magnets) optimized for each stage of the sales funnel.
- Support virtual events (webinars) by managing communications, coordinating logistics, while also leveraging the content to generate additional and distilled assets.
- Conduct interviews with both internal and external stakeholders to craft compelling success stories and testimonials.
- Create and manage an editorial content calendar.
- Produce public and customer newsletters.
- Proactively research and implement SEO best practices to optimize content for increased organic traffic and visibility.
- Bring creativity and energy to execute an engaging social media strategy nurturing our community and followers.
- Serve as the brand manager to maintain a consistent brand voice and representation across all assets and communications.
At Traction Rec, we are committed to a fair, market-based and equitable compensation structure. Our market data is refreshed on an annual basis to reflect the most current market conditions.
The starting salary band for this role is $70,000-$80,000. Starting salaries will vary within this range based on experience and skill level.
Please note that the range details above reflect the base pay only and does not include our competitive bonus program and benefits that we offer.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and let's chat.
At Traction Rec, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success. We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and we actively seek and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our hiring process is designed to be fair, welcoming, and respectful to all candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity brings unique perspectives and experiences that can enhance our team and drive innovation, and we are committed to providing equal opportunity and support to all candidates. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to the interview process and join us in building a diverse and inclusive culture at Traction Rec.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.