Oakhill Homes Operations Manager - Retail Housing Dealership
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Operations Manager to lead and oversee the operational aspects of our Retail Housing Dealerships. Based out of Fredericton, Oakhill Homes builds and sells homes and develops residential communities in Southern New Brunswick. The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of our housing projects, including Residential Sales, property acquisition and development and both sales team & project coordination & management. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, possess strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and a proven track record in Sales and managing housing-related operations.
· Oversee sales team to achieve set goals.
· Ensure proper inventory levels.
· Determine property needs to support present and future sales.
· Acquire properties.
· Acquire property permitting and development plans.
· Work with preferred contractors to develop properties on time and within budget.
· Ensure home projects are properly completed on time and within budget.
· Manage and mentor a team of Housing Sales Consultants, maintenance staff, administrative personnel, and construction subs.
· Set performance expectations, conduct regular performance reviews, and provide coaching and guidance to team members.
· Foster a collaborative and positive work environment that encourages teamwork and professional growth.
Maintenance and Repairs:
· Oversee maintenance and repair operations to ensure properties are well-maintained and issues are addressed promptly.
· Develop and implement preventive maintenance plans to minimize disruptions and increase property longevity.
· Coordinate with external vendors and contractors for specialized repairs and renovations.
· Handle customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
· Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through effective communication.
· maintain customer satisfaction surveys and analyze feedback to continuously improve services.
· Collaborate with finance department to develop and manage budgets for sales operations.
· Monitor expenses and revenue streams, identify cost-saving opportunities, and ensure financial targets are met.
Compliance and Regulations:
· Stay updated on housing laws, regulations, and industry standards to ensure the business's compliance.
· Implement processes and policies to adhere to local, state, and federal housing regulations.
· Contribute to the development and execution of the housing business's strategic plans and goals.
· Identify land opportunities for growth and expansion within the housing market and provide insights for decision-making.
· Proven experience in residential construction management and property development with at least  years in a senior managerial role.
· Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams effectively.
· In-depth understanding of housing regulations, legal requirements, and industry best practices.
· Proven ability to manage projects efficiently, on time and on budget.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Proficiency in budgeting and financial management.
· Strong knowledge of property management software and tools.
· Results-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality customer satisfaction.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Real Estate Management, or related field would be an asset.
To apply for the position of Operations Manager - Retail Housing Dealership, please email your updated resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications. Additionally, include a brief overview of your approach to managing a Retail Housing Dealership. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews: [email protected]
Oakhill Homes, part of the Dobson Group of companies, is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-02