· Job duties:
- Use algorithms, data structures, programming languages, and programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services.
- Build and extend software applications in varying environments (cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises).
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of software applications and services.
- Measure and optimize system performance.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward.
- Work with business and systems analysts to understand end-user requirements and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the onshore and offshore engineering teams to deliver on integration projects.
- Design for release and configuration management.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
· Terms of employment: Full-time.
· The language of work: English.
· Wage: $55.00 per hour.
· Benefits package being offered: None.
· Location of work: Surrey, BC.
· Skills requirements:
o Required education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
o Required work experience:
§ 7+ years of experience in Java/J2EE Spring boot programming skills (e.g., Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud).
§ 4+ years of experience working with AWS (e.g., Terraform, Lambda, EC2, S3).
§ Familiarity with No-SQL Databases (e.g., Mongo DB).
§ 2+ years of experience with messaging platforms (e.g., IBM MQ Server, Apache Kafka).
§ Experience with front-end technologies (e.g., Angular or React).
§ Experience working with Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
§ Experience with relational databases, writing complex queries, common table expressions, and subqueries.
§ Familiarity with devops tools (e.g., Jenkins, Github, Prometheus, Grafana).
§ Experience with testing patterns for producing high quality code (unit/integration testing).
§ Experience with distributed systems.
§ Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and core computer science concepts.
Must be a team player and detail
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person