NATIONAL Public Relations, Canada’s largest PR firm, is an industry pioneer in bringing an innovative research-driven approach to the communications landscape, and this role is perfect for someone who loves to creatively solve problems and apply research solutions to a variety of challenges. We are seeking a Research Consultant. We are looking for someone with passion and experience conducting consumer marketing research to join our thriving Research team.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, has strong research and communication skills, and is able to synthesize information and analyze it to find meaning and insights.
The successful candidate will join a team that provides a range of qualitative and quantitative research services – including surveys, interviews, focus group moderation, and content analysis – to all practice areas of the firm. We work with clients across a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, consumer goods and public affairs, supporting communications, marketing, brand management and integrated solutions. We draw from a broad research toolkit that includes traditional research methods, as well as newer, digital solutions, and are always looking for ways to innovate our approaches and processes.
Preferred location in Halifax, Ottawa, or Montreal. Open to other locations for the right candidate.
- University degree, Research Analyst Graduate Certificate, or similar education
- Have 3-5 years of market research experience—experience researching consumers, employees, stakeholders, or general population samples.
- Previous experience with SPSS or research analytical tools considered an asset.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Proficient with computer tools such as MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Bilingual (French/English) considered an asset.
- A true team player who is eager to collaborate and learn.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to distill complex information and insights into concise, effective language.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Research: Solve business and communications problems using a range of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Coordination: Coordinate research projects, including assisting with budgets, tools management, scopes and schedules.
- Data analysis and visualization: Conduct data analysis and create compelling visualizations and reports for clients.
- Project management: Manage research projects so that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Collaborate: Work with cross-functional teams inside and outside the agency to turn insights into action.