About the role
Adecco is hiring a Search Consultant to join our growing Canadian Permanent Search Practice. With a focus on creating an exceptional client and candidate experience, you will execute the end-to-end life cycle of direct hire permanent recruiting of professionals for a variety of clients within a designated area (eg. Legal, Finance, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Logistics & Supply Chain, etc.). You will also develop client accounts, generate new business and expand business in existing accounts. We are looking for a resourceful and results-driven team player to fill this 360 role. Looking to satisfy your competitive nature and share your skills, knowledge and expertise? Then keep reading.
This position is remote and candidates can be located anywhere in Canada. As part of the Search Practice team you will be collaborating with multiple partners across Canada from lead generation, business development through to recruitment, offer and onboarding. Adecco is building the next generation of leaders and the service we deliver is world class, with agility and autonomy flowing through everything we do. If you are an experienced Recruiter, OR if you currently work in the (specialty) field but are looking for a change, keep reading! You bring your experience and transferrable skills and we will provide you with the training and career advancement opportunities you can't find in a smaller organization.
Adecco is one of the world’s leading HR Solutions Providers and global thought leaders. We are a forward-thinking, pro-active and enlightened organization that helps to power the prosperity of the economies, societies and markets in which our clients operate. We work with businesses to provide tailored workforce solutions that meet their needs now, but also take into account their ongoing talent requirements. We unlock the potential of our own colleagues by embracing diversity and inclusiveness and offering rewards, recognition and advancement for hard work. It’s more than being accepted, it’s knowing you’re respected. If you are looking for an opportunity to step up and stand out, Adecco is with you all the way!
What you’ll be doing
- Developing new business through leads, referrals and various forms of marketing, and negotiating fee agreements
- Establishing and maintaining a network of industry top professionals, passive and active, through participation in professional/trade associations and other professional networking organizations
- Staying informed on industry trends and recruiting best practices, building and maintaining subject matter expertise on target industries, clients and roles
- Partnering with clients to gain a full understanding of their goals and objectives and evaluating hiring needs to determine the best recruiting methods
- Creating and deploying client and role-specific strategic recruiting strategies and client marketing initiatives; completing candidate hiring and onboarding processes in accordance with client and organizational requirements
- Administering job postings in various systems, screening resumes and conducting behavioural based interviews and competency-based evaluations to assess talent against client needs ensuring proper match, cultural fit and overall compatibility
- Managing and guiding clients and candidates through the interviewing, hiring and negotiation process to a successful conclusion
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client and candidate documentation including records of sales, recruiting and placement activities utilizing Adecco technology, ensuring compliance with applicable processes and legislation
We want to set you up for success! To help us do that, here is what we are looking for from you:
Why choose us?
- Completion of post-secondary education in related field or years of equivalent experience demonstrating progressive responsibility
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful sales experience, preferably with experience recruiting top tier, mid-level to senior-level candidates in one of our specialized Search verticals (eg. Legal, Finance, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Logistics & Supply Chain, etc.)
- Working knowledge of labour and employment laws and regulations as well as current sourcing and recruiting trends, best practices and methodologies
- Technologically inclined and proficient in all Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook; prior experience using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and/or an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with an ability to influence and motivate others
- Exceptional organizational skills to meet deadlines consistently while effectively managing multiple tasks and prioritizing any new tasks as required
- Proactive and able to solve problems effectively and rapidly through recommending and implementing creative solutions
- Proven consistently high levels of customer service performance, with an ability to confidently source and approach new prospects, utilizing excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated go-getter that displays curiosity and relentless spirit in a fast-paced, agile and rewarding environment and can think and act autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
It’s an exciting time to be part of our team. We’re proud to be a global thought-leader and care about doing the best job we can to ensure better futures for everyone. We do this by building our Future@Work strategy as a united team of 30,000+ colleagues with a collective spirit working in over 60 countries globally.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow across a variety of interesting jobs and careers over our extensive portfolio of global brands. We empower our colleagues to work in the smartest, most efficient ways to achieve total balance between the demands of their jobs and their lives. That’s why we give you the autonomy and support you need to work in the way that makes you most productive, agile, confident and insightful.
Putting people first, pioneering with a collective spirit and always advancing with a growth mindset - that’s what we stand for at the Adecco Group. Here, we are all individuals with a unique perspective on the world we live in. That’s what makes us stronger. Whoever you are and whatever your background, you can be yourself. So, we aim to build on the attributes that make you, you. We offer a range of world-class resources for upskilling and development, satisfying your curiosity while sharing skills, knowledge and expertise to grow together.
Do you want to make an impact where it matters most? Apply NOW!
A journey to bring out the best in you
We believe that having an understanding of the hiring process helps you to prepare, feel, and be at your best. As a global, multi-brand organisation with many different roles, our application process can vary.
On our career site, you will find some of the key steps you can expect to guide you along the way.
As one of the world’s largest employers we believe in talent, not labels, and focus on the diverse and unique skills our people bring. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment to equity, equal opportunity, inclusion, and diversity is part of our broader commitment to respecting fundamental human rights across our value chain. The Adecco Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.