SkiBig3 embodies the true spirit of Canadian hospitality. We treat every guest with kindness, respect, and a genuine sense of warmth. We go the extra mile in creating unforgettable experiences and demonstrating the unparalleled friendliness that Canada is known for. Being curious and innovative is at our core. We foster a culture of creativity and encourage people to challenge the status quo, explore new ideas, and push boundaries in order to progress and succeed. We believe that innovation is the key to staying ahead in a constantly evolving market and industry.
Diversity – equity - inclusion. These are not just words to us; they are principles that guide decision-making throughout our business. How we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their most authentic selves to work each day.
SkiBig3 is currently recruiting for the seasonal position of Marketing & FAM Coordinator to join our team for the 23/24 Winter season.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the primary function of this seasonal position is to support the marketing department with content organization & content distribution across social media channels, as well as the coordination of all operational logistics for media, tour & travel, and influencer FAM visits.
This position will be part of the SkiBig3 Marketing & Sales Team. Working with all other SkiBig3 departments and Banff Sunshine, the Lake Louise Ski Resort and Mt Norquay. Banff & Lake Louise Tourism and other SkiBig3 partners.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Media & Communication
- Ongoing maintenance of the shared FAM calendar with up-to-date information
- Liaising with industry partners, resort partners, and stakeholders to coordinate & book comprehensive FAM itineraries for visiting media, tour & travel, and influencer guests.
- Ongoing correspondence with media.
- Media & social tracking and reporting.
- Assist with blog writing and posting of website content.
- Work with Marketing team to distribute content across all relevant channels including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest.
- Modifying content for distribution across multiple channels.
- Scheduling, posting, and monitoring social content.
- Maintaining events calendar on SkiBig3 website.
- Assist the Marketing & Sale department with various projects throughout the season.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Strong sense of curiosity and keen attention to detail.
- Experience building itineraries, coordinating events or functions.
- Experience writing social content, blogs, emails or other customer facing content.
- Comfortable working on multiple social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube.
- Hands-on skills with Microsoft Office or Google Workspace (e.g., Excel/Sheets, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator preferred.
- Comfortable hosting meetings and speaking with resort and industry partners.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and documentation proficiency.
- Curiosity to explore trends, ask questions, find answers and present recommendations.
- Experience in a travel or hospitality environment preferred.
- Passion for skiing/snowboarding preferred.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
At SkiBig3, we love to collaborate, priding ourselves on teamwork and open communication. We believe in the power of diversity and the sharing of ideas and perspectives. We know this results in a dynamic and inclusive environment where all can thrive.
If you possess the above attributes and would like to join our dynamic & vibrant SkiBig3 team, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Banff, AB T1L 1K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-10-16