The Alliance of Beverage Licensees(ABLE BC) is the united voice and advocate for British Columbia’s pubs, bars, nightclubs, private liquor stores, hotel liquor licensees, and private cannabis retailers. A non-profit organization funded by membership dues, our mission is to help BC’s private liquor, hospitality, and cannabis retail industries succeed and prosper. We advocate for business-friendly policies at all levels of government, monitor and report on industry issues and trends, and provide resources to help members build and grow their businesses.
BC’s liquor industry is supported by over 15,000 businesses, employs nearly 200,000 workers, and generates about $15 billion in economic activity annually.
WHAT WE OFFER:
ABLE BC is a dynamic organization with a history of success and a well-respected reputation in the private liquor and cannabis industries. We are a small and dedicated team who work collaboratively and with opportunities for flexibility and growth. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Group benefits plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- Generous PTO policy
- Access to industry events
ABLE BC is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled membership salesperson to join our team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership Sales and Services Coordinator will be responsible for implementing ABLE BC’s membership plans and services, including recruitment, retention, active communication, and ensuring benefit programs are tailored to member needs. As the primary point of contact for ABLE BC’s liquor and hospitality members, you will become an expert in BC’s liquor laws and policies.
You will be responsible for managing ABLE BC’s event calendar, planning member-focused networking and appreciation events, and constantly ensuring value for membership. You will also build and foster relationships with stakeholders and partners while upholding and representing ABLE BC’s brand.
- Develop and implement plans to successfully sell ABLE BC memberships, process membership applications, and collect payments
- Act as primary point of contact for ABLE BC members
- Organize membership recruitment and renewals
- Collaborate on marketing material and communications
- Identify opportunities to enhance member benefits and services
- Collect data, track membership statistics, and prepare reports
- Administer and maintain the ABLE BC membership database
- Plan ABLE BC’s participation in conferences, industry events, and webinars
- Be an industry advocate and a voice within the association on behalf of members
- Support the Executive Director and Manager of Communications
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will bring the following attributes to the position:
- Be an energetic and passionate individual with proven sales and customer service skills.
- Be an excellent communicator and writer, able to engage potential members through cold calls and persuasive emails.
- Must have experience in either sales, customer service, or the hospitality and liquor industries.
- Possess first-rate administration skills that can assist the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in daily activities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and project management (Asana), CRM (Member365) applications.
- Be an open-minded and innovative thinker with excellent time and project management skills. Having a detail-oriented personality is essential.
- Excel at working in a flexible, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Bring passion and enthusiasm to the position that will help propel ABLE BC’s reputation as a positive, professional advocate for our members.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and understanding of BC’s liquor laws and policies is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and managing events and sponsorship opportunities is an asset.
- Accounting skills are an asset.
Please send your application, including a writing sample and salary expectations, to [email protected] later than September 29, 2023.
For more information, please visit www.ablebc.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC
Application deadline: 2023-09-29
Expected start date: 2021-12-04