This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada.
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE.
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile Digital Health makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Senior Project Manager (Bilingual), you are responsible for planning, executing and evaluating multiple projects and driving them through their entire life cycle while coordinating with internal business leaders and clients. Project teams are fluid and continually changing or evolving to deliver on the needs of our clients. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. This is a client-facing position with a high level of responsibility. You will be coordinating across multiple departments within your project team to ensure the smooth completion of project deliverables. This role will demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and relationship-building with the project team and various cross-functional teams. This role ensures that project scope changes and risks are resolved, mitigated and escalated in a timely fashion. A successful candidate must be able to balance the needs of many competing groups and must be able to work on several projects at the same time.
- Lead multiple project teams simultaneously through the entire project life cycle.
- Act independently and judiciously to ensure that your projects are completed within scope, on time, and within budget whenever possible.
- Adhere to best practices with internal/external teams.
- Communicate project timelines, including milestones, deadlines and deliverables.
- Co-develop with team members on project timelines; monitor, adjust and communicate with the client as changes occur.
- Facilitate communication between yourself and all internal and external clients.
- Lead, facilitate and communicate effective project meetings, and meeting notes to the project team at the end of the meetings.
- Provide status updates and time tracking.
- Manage, facilitate and guide cross-functional teams, including creative and technical resources.
- Work effectively with outside vendors as needed to ensure they are working efficiently and effectively to deliver on time and on or under budget.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members, including establishing and building healthy working relations and partnerships with project teams and other project clients.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on the projects.
- Active PMP Certification is a requirement.
- Verbal and written communication fluency in both French and English
- 8+ years of direct work experience in medium to large-scale IT project management and systems implementation capacity.
- Track record of success (on-time, on-budget, goals met), including all aspects of business requirements gathering and implementation of solutions for the Healthcare and/or medical field.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for building strong client and team relationships.
- Foundational knowledge in operating systems, application development, database management, and related methodologies.
- Proficiency in gaining cooperation and support from others.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proven experience in team management and team building.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, multi-functional team environment.
- Effective presentation skills for both large and small groups.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Self-motivated with a focus on results and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks under high-pressure conditions.
Smile's core values include respect, inclusion, embracing our differences, and celebrating shared values and because our people are the foundation of our success, we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are big on creating a sense of belonging and empowering each other to bring our authentic selves to work.