Roseland Produce is now hiring a Business Development Manager in Burlington!
The Business Development Manager is a key role within the organization, demonstrating commitment to the growth of Roseland Produce. The successful incumbent is dedicated to our strategy and process while providing service excellence to increase customer base, sales dollars, and gross margin. They will also be a decisive and results oriented contributor who fully utilizes both sales skills and influential abilities to motivate change and meet the organization’s goals.
The ideal candidate will be a professional sales hunter by nature, with proven ability to research prospective customers to ensure they meet our ideal target market while possessing the ability to get in front of the decision maker to present a professional sales proposal.
- Lead and oversee the Territory Managers to optimize the engagement for new growth, ensuring the development of sales consistent with Roselands growth strategy.
- Develop key targeted customers and strategically grow business
- Collaborate effectively with Roseland departmental teams (Customer Service, Warehouse, Purchasing, Category Management, Traffic), to analyze processes and challenge assumptions to balance Service Excellence with maximize profits
- Review former Roseland accounts to determine how profitable accounts can be reacquired by differentiating Roseland Produce from competitors.
- Aggressively pursue expansion of Hotels, Caterers, Banquet Halls, Retirement Homes, Small Chains, etc… and accounts with large opportunities.
- Undertake short and long-term project opportunities for growth for geographical territory expansion.
- Other accountabilities as determined by General Manager.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business preferred.
- Demonstrated success in foodservice sales.
- Thorough understanding of sales process and strategy, including hunting new strategic business for Roseland Produce.
- Valid Driver’s License, Insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle for business travel.
- Good understanding of Food Service Operations and customer challenges.
- Must embrace a collaborative and aggressive sales process.
- Must have a willingness to embrace change.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with the TM’s in building a sustainable client list of profitable accounts
- Must be a measured, goal orientated individual who thrives on achieving success.
- Some Produce experience would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong business acumen, including a good understanding of service excellence.
- Ability to build strong, constructive relationships and positively influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Excellent time-management skills required in order to balance strategic and analytical work with hands-on customer interactions.
- Good verbal/written communication skills;
- Proficiency using MS Office suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of the sales cycle and managing a funnel list of strategic customers to acquire.
- Must be comfortable in a continual sales hunter cycle.
- May be required to work outside of regular business hours;
- Time will be split between working in the office and being on the road.
- Significant travel around the Golden Horseshoe can be expected.
- Must be comfortable with intense product, sales and margin training.
Roseland Produce is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.