Digital Marketing Specialist
Our organization is looking for an active and creative talent to administer our social media accounts. We are in search of a Social Media Specialist that will create fresh and original content, manage posts and respond to comments of the company’s digital audience.
About the company
SELC College is a fast-growing private post-secondary DLI (Designated Learning Institution) duly accredited by PTIB and EQA in British Columbia. The institution has a unique approach to preparing learners for real jobs using applied/experiential learning techniques in an engaging and pragmatic classroom environment.
SELC believes that every member of the team is valuable to its success. It’s unique, personal and nurturing culture transcends warmth, empowerment, psychological safety, growth and meaningful careers for everyone. Like a “Beacon of Light”, we learn together and guide each other forward so that stakeholders and every student at SELC can witness – the “SELC Way”.
To learn more about who we are, please visit www.selcedu.com
About the role
This exciting opportunity will play a vital role in developing, growing and converting social media audiences into dynamic partners and diverse students of SELC.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will help in managing the social media properties of SELC in a cohesive and creative approach to enhance brand presence and attainment of marketing goals. This role is expected to convey company views in a digitally creative manner utilizing the latest trend in graphic designs, video creations and social media trends to boost web traffic and customer engagement.
Specific duties include the following:
- Maintain, develop and optimize the company’s existing social media accounts strategies and proactively establish presence in emerging new platforms
- Research and benchmark social media trends of target audience preferences.
- Plan, design and create social media campaigns aligned with the target audience preference, brand image and marketing objectives.
- Craft, edit, publish, and share original compelling graphics and video content daily across social media accounts of SELC
- Posting content and engaging with customers on different social media channels
- Implement and manage paid social campaigns and program advertisements across multiple social media platforms.
- Monitor and respond proactively to social media posts and comments to increase web traffic, growth and engagement on all social platforms
- Communicate with followers, respond to inquiries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic analytics
- Analyze and convert data generated into actionable insights for the organization and assist in managing relationships with social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Analyze, identify and rectify poor-performing content and social channel engagement.
- Remain on top of the latest social media trends
- Collaborate with other teams like sales, admissions and campus operation to maintain brand consistency.
- Perform other duties that may assign by immediate supervisor
Working schedule, 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Days, 5 days a week, on-site
To be successful in this role, we anticipate that you have qualification and credentials as follows:
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in marketing, Digital Marketing, Graphic design or any other related field
- +3 years' experience as social media manager or similar role
- Preferably work as copywriter or content creator
- Proven experience in growing and retaining social audiences
- Experience in creating social media strategies
- Obsession on crafting impactful social media and video content
- Tech savvy and digitally creative
- Sound knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and a multitasker
- With strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the company
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and dependable
- Possess ability working independently and in collaboration with others
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Hootsuite, Semrush, etc.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6E 2P4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 2P4
Expected start date: 2023-10-16