D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Content Marketing Specialist is a passionate writer and multimedia content creator with a unique talent for producing both long and short form content. They produce content to support integrated marketing campaigns, performance initiatives and always-on efforts that drive brand awareness and organic traffic to the website though content discovery. They have experience writing website copy, video scripts, blogs, customer success stories, white papers, and in-depth research reports. They're also adept at/open to learning how to produce multimedia content, from short video clips to social media posts and podcasts. The Content Marketing Specialist is an excellent collaborator, operating cross-functionally to deliver best-in-class content assets that satisfy stakeholder requirements.
How will you make an impact?
- Content Creation: Responsible for the creation of various content types, including articles, blog posts, videos, podcasts, infographics, social media posts, whitepapers, and more.
- Campaign Support: Deliver best-in-class contest assets to support the success of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various teams including marketing, design, product, and sales to ensure content supports overarching business objectives.
- Storytelling: Craft compelling narratives that resonate with target audiences and effectively communicate the brand's value propositions.
- Copywriting and Editing: Review and edit content for accuracy, clarity, grammar, style and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Content Distribution: Assist with content distribution strategies to ensure content reaches the right audiences through appropriate channels, including social media, email, website, and more.
- SEO and Keywords: Collaborate with SEO teams to optimize content for search engines and drive organic traffic.
- Content Repurposing: Identify opportunities to repurpose existing content across different formats and channels to maximize reach.
- Innovation and Trends: Stay informed about industry trends, emerging content formats, and creative technologies to drive innovation.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience using digital and/or print content to generate leads and sales
- Experience creating multimedia content (from podcasts to video and social media posts)
- Strong experience with search engine optimization
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize projects and communicate priorities to stakeholders
- Experience with the education market is a bonus.
- Project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to develop and execute content strategies that align with overall marketing goals and brand objectives.
- Data-Driven Decision Maker: Skill in using data insights and content performance metrics to guide content strategy adjustments.
- Cross-Functional Collaborator: Ability to collaborate with various teams, including marketing, design, product, and sales, to align content strategies with broader business goals.
- Innovative: A keen eye for creative trends, emerging content formats, and technologies to drive continuous innovation.
- Creative: Generates new ideas regarding the job; explores both old and new solutions to problems; is seen as creative and a contributor in brainstorming settings.
- Effective Communicator: Effective communication skills to convey creative concepts and strategies to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Results driven: Takes responsibility to ensure own objectives are completed; keeps people informed of progress on key tasks; checks for accuracy to get things right first time; recognizes sub-standard work and takes corrective action.
- Flexible: Adaptability to navigate through dynamic and changing environments, adjusting strategies as needed.
- Editorial: Able to write clean copy that requires little editing; open to the editing process and committed to delivering content that's best-in-class.
- Multimedia: Capable of delivering content in a wide variety of forms, from podcast production to video scripting to social media asset development.
- Social Media: Able to help create paid and organic social posts in conjunction with cross-functional teams using templates in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video: Able to plan and execute on sharp video scripts aligned with D2L best practices in support of product marketing, content marketing and events teams.
- Storytelling: Capability to craft compelling multimedia narratives that resonate with target audiences and effectively convey brand messages.
- Interviewing: Effective interviewer who's able to garner trust and confidence from customers and subject matter experts to deliver original insights and anecdotes across all forms of content.
- Content Distribution and Repurposing: Able to envision how content will be effectively distributed across marketing channels and identify opportunities for repurposing content for future needs.
- Project Management: Competency in managing multiple content projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery and quality. Understands their role within a project and knows what is required to get tasks completed. Able to manage smaller individual projects with minimal supervision.
- Ideation: Shows initiative and regularly brings new content ideas to the table. Comes up with fresh ideas for using existing content.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.