This is a great opportunity to join Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Service Provider - a truly global company! At CGI, highly skilled and committed consultants collaborate in a fast-paced environment, on multi-functional teams, where they enjoy personal and professional development at their own pace. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in us and to the dedication of our people.
At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 400+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and skilled professionals needed to achieve outstanding results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of us are CGI shareholders!
As we experience considerable rapid growth in our Atlantic Metro market, we are seeking an IT leader with experience delivering solutions to the health care sector to assume the role of Director, Consulting Services (DCS). The DCS is a key leadership position, responsible for the growth and delivery of IT consulting services and solutions to our clients in this sector.
Reporting directly to the CGI Vice President of Atlantic Metro, the DCS will join a dynamic and dedicated CGI Atlantic Metro management team, building and implementing a strong vision/strategy for our Atlantic region stakeholders; specifically our clients, our members, our shareholders, and the Atlantic communities in which we live.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The DCS builds and fosters key business and IT relationships with companies and organizations that operate in the health sector. This role has business evolution accountability for cultivating client relationships, business growth, service delivery, team management and operations management.
The DCS brings a successful leadership and service delivery track record in the IT consulting and advisory industry. The ideal profile is driven to expand service offerings for existing clients by delivering high-quality outcomes, and determined to win new clients via exceptional customer-centric relationship building, and leveraging an existing network of Atlantic Canada community leaders and IT professionals in health care. As a catalyst for innovation, the DCS inspires their team through mentoring and coaching to continuously learn and develop skills and capabilities within a constantly evolving and dynamic IT landscape. Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as client account executive for multiple health care clients with overall responsibility for client relationship management
- Engaging clients and partners to understand their needs to identify solutions and services to deepen relationships and expand our service portfolio
- Leading business development activities and participating in presentation of consulting solutions to clients
- Identifying new business development opportunities outside of existing client base
- Developing RFI/RFP responses, proposals, and business cases, including pricing/margin analysis and project scoping
- Managing service delivery outcomes across multiple client contracts, including the writing and updating of new and existing contracts
- Leading selected consulting engagements, including the oversight and tracking of resources, schedule and budget
- Working closely with the sector Vice President on strategic planning and go-to-market activities
- Managing, empowering, and leading a multi-disciplined team of IT professionals
- Developing team members via continuous coaching and mentoring, performing talent management and supporting their learning and development plans
- Proactively participating in and actively championing your team’s participation in local community events and initiatives
- Participating in the sourcing and onboarding process for team members
- Performing financial management, overseeing monthly expense allocations, approving invoices, etc.
- Driving product development of CGI and/or client IP
- Participating, partnering and working collaboratively with other members of the CGI senior management team
- Proactively advocating and supporting CGI ESG initiatives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of diploma, certifications, and work experience
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry with 5+ years in a leadership role
- 3+ years of experience providing IT solutions to the health care sector and/or directly with health care professionals
- Experience delivering development and/or consulting services to a large client base
- Proven ability to lead the preparation of compelling offers and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- An exceptional communicator, both written and oral, bale to convey complex and abstract concepts to a broad audience including CxO level
- A natural self-starter who is action-driven and detail-focused
- An exceptional relationship builder, committed to continuous expansion of their network