An exciting opportunity exists for a full-time Communications Assistant to join Mainroad’s Communications Team! This position is based out of Mainroad’s head office (minimal remote working) in Cloverdale, B.C. and will report directly to the Communications Manager.
In this role, you will focus on producing a consistent stream of written content for both external and internal audiences through our website, intranet, social media handles, supporting communications initiatives relating to community outreach, maintaining and managing the use of the company’s promotional materials and branded assets, write & publish updates on our website and employee intranet, and take on additional communications projects as required.
Mainroad’s Communications Department is a highly collaborative team environment that supports 19 operating companies and corporate office departments. The successful candidate will thrive in working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and have a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. There is never a dull day working at Mainroad!
What you Bring:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations or Marketing, or equivalent experience in the related field(s).
- 2-3 years’ experience managing business social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter), creating digital content and engaging with online audiences is required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, video conferencing, experience with social media platforms & management tools.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles and best practices of customer-focused communications, social and digital media is essential.
- Experience with graphic design software, SharePoint and WordPress would be an asset.
- Experience with social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite is preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills-a proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing across a range of traditional and digital platforms.
- Excellent time management skills. Well organized, detail-oriented, able to deliver results under tight deadlines and work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be a people person and customer service focused.
- Strong technical, creative writing skills – internal reporter/ journalist.
- Creative design sense and innovative ideas are welcome.
- Energetic, willing to learn, adaptable to change, is a team player and not afraid to ask questions.
- Skillful ability to collaborate with senior management and suppliers and can quickly and effectively build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Possess strong work ethics and a solutions-oriented mindset when presented with challenges, able and willing to adapt to the evolving needs of the company.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, reviewing, proofing, editing and, as necessary, conducting research in preparing content for the organization’s communication channels (social media, websites, video scripts, training, publicity materials, promotional pieces, print, and digital advertising).
- Crafting, scheduling, and publishing messages for website and social media related to recruitment, company news, community outreach, road safety, brand awareness, etc.
- Build and maintain an effective content calendar.
- Support the Communications Manager in measuring social media performance (i.e., pulling reports, reviewing analytics, monitoring trends, etc.)
- Liaise with Mainroad’s operations to ensure that all digital content is planned, uploaded and executed in a timely manner.
- Monitor public’s engagement on social media accounts regarding Mainroad Group companies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Multimedia Specialist on various communication initiatives.
- Take on other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Communications Manager in accordance with the evolving needs of the company.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or online at www.mainroad.careers. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Social media management: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person