- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in owning and advocating for customer issues/needs.
- Experience in Linux/Unix, basic systems administration.
- Experience with account management and billing systems.
- Knowledge of application-level data storage, retrieval, and analysis tools and concepts such as SQL, NoSQL, logs analysis, protocol buffers, and MapReduce.
- Understanding of the following Internet technologies: web-tech (e.g., HTTP, DNS, TLS, HTML), networking (e.g., routing, TCP/IP).
In this role, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and coding/scripting. You will develop team members into skilled troubleshooting experts who can diagnose a wide variety of cloud computing issues. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation. You will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers issues.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Own and resolve Enterprise customer billing problems through effective diagnosis, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for customers and internal stakeholders in sales, account management, and customer organizations to resolve billing issues. Create data pipelines from upstream systems providing data availability and reporting for stakeholders.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams like Product Management and Software Developing.
- Develop an understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis to identify and resolve future issues.
- Work closely with Product and Developing teams to improve our products. Design and develop tooling for our customers and support agents.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.