Life at Capgemini
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Flexible work
- Healthcare including dental, vision, mental health, and well-being programs
- Financial well-being programs such as 401(k) and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Family building benefits like adoption assistance, surrogacy, and cryopreservation
- Social well-being benefits like subsidized back-up child/elder care and tutoring
- Mentoring, coaching and learning programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Disaster Relief
World leader in engineering and R&D services, Capgemini Engineering combines its broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software to support the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Coupled with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 55,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including Aeronautics, Space, Defense, Naval, Automotive, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Utilities & Chemicals, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Industrial & Consumer, Software & Internet.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
We are helping one of the world's largest social media platforms which deals with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. As a Backend engineer, you will be part of an R&D self-organized team working in an adventurous, innovative environment for our client.
You will Investigate, build, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using innovative technologies, including building/improving the Bigdata processing platform and enabling the work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.
- You will acquire tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, and approves them with all partners.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agreed on task duration with the manager, and chips in to project plan of an assigned area.
- Developing standard methodologies for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use cases and translate these into data products
- Design, implement, and maintain pipelines that produce business effectively data optimally and efficiently using cloud technology
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations which are beyond responsibilities.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within responsibilities.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to supply to the product.
- Collaborates with other teams.
- Proven experience as backend software engineer.
- Proven code profiling experience in at least one of the following: Python, Java, C++.
- Understanding and experience with Linux ‘perf’, flamegraphs
- Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals like libraries, compilation, networking etc.
- Ability to organize and document solutions
- A passion for streamlining systems and processes to make the difficult trivial
- Strong OOP skills
- Effective communication (oral & written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented approach
- Experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure.