Job Title: District Manager
Essential Function The District Manager is responsible for leading the internal and external customer experience to drive sales results and all KPIs. They are also responsible to ensure all company processes and practices are adhered to. They are the linchpin of the field organization between strategy and execution. Strong working relationship with all Business Partners. Maintains a strong level of business literacy about the region and SBH financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
30% Brand: Provides leadership to deliver an exceptional customer experience which maximizes sales/KPIs and drives customer loyalty in assigned stores. Emphasis placed on both the in-store selling model and a channel agnostic approach to exceed expectations. Understands the competitive landscape by observing and studying the competition to learn about current initiatives/strategies shares insights with relevant business partners and supervisor. Ensures all brand standards are met such as merchandising, POGs, marketing, back rooms, etc.
30% People: Develops and maintains recruitment, training, motivation and discipline programs to drive results and builds and maintains a talent pool of future leaders. Active on LinkedIn and all digital networking platforms and social networks, possesses a strong network of external candidates to fill positions when required. Assesses Store Managers to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance. Consistently engages direct reports regarding their own strengths and opportunities while leveraging IDP. Ensures that the Store Managers engage and develop their teams. Builds strong working relationships with all business partners.
20% Safety/Loss Prevention: Ensures the store environment is safe at all times for associates and customers; all policies and procedures are followed, including all social distancing practices. Responsible for protecting company assets by ensuring all procedures are being followed in store as they relate to shrink, damages, banking, etc. Analyzes and utilizes all available reporting. Ensures stores are compliant with all HAZMAT training and execution.
20% Operations: Drives the execution of all company processes through training, management, analysis and continuous improvement. Actively manages and leverages payroll and manages other controllable expenses such as supplies, travel, etc. Ensures all processes to support digital strategies are utilized such as Omni-channel fulfillment (SFS/SDD/BOPIS). Responsible for the Real Estate as it relates to site feedback, re-locations, new stores, and store closings. Utilize technology and all company tools to drive results. Sally only- Works in partnership with Operations Business Partner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Prefer College Degree but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience in business, management and/or merchandising experience
- Requires specialty retail or trade knowledge, problem solving and driving associate engagement
- Multi-Unit or Big Box Retail Management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge in selection of top candidates, sourcing and education
- Thorough knowledge of inventory management strategies, merchandising techniques and systems, including sales promotion activities of the Stores
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and control
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and quantify market trends
- Understanding and communicating the competitive landscape to drive local segmentation
- Understanding of assigned store capabilities and growth potentials
- Ability to travel extensively and frequently including overnights and weekends to attend national sales meetings, beauty shows, and sales operations meetings.
Competencies: The below competencies represent the core of what a District Manager must possess.
COMPETENCY DEFINITION KEY CONCEPTS
Passionate Learner Desire to grow and learn Owns personal development/Self-motivated
Open to and seeks a wide range of inputs/Humble learner/ Shares learning with others
Learning Agility/Learning mindset/Intellectual Curiosity
Innovative/Creative/Strives for continuous improvement
Flexible & Agile Adapter
Adjusts to multiple demands and effectively responds to new circumstances and ambiguous situations
Takes initiative in ambiguous situations
Deals with change/ Tolerates stressful situations well
Works independently/Prioritizes effectively
GROW THE TEAM AND CULTURE
COMPETENCY DEFINITION KEY CONCEPTS
Talent Builder Builds competent, diverse teams by hiring, developing, motivating and coaching talent and prepares for future success
Builds diverse teams/Develops teams Delegates/Coaches/Mentors Evaluates/Differentiates
Holds people accountable
Expresses information in a candid, straight forward way. Creating an engaging and inviting open environment
Effectively listens/Non-hierarchical in style/Humility Relevant/Concise message/Intended meaning easily understood/Courageous Persuasive/Influencing/Inspiring/Negotiates well
Builds trust to promote candor and openness
Team Builder Develops strong partnerships and engages with associates at all levels and across different functions/segments within the company Teamwork/Builds trusting relationships Respect/Collaboration/Prioritizes partnerships Values differences/Inclusiveness
Relishes diversity of thought and input
Customer Focused Partner Understands and works to meet the needs of external and internal customers
Transparency/Accessibility/Humility Accountable to the customer Seeks, accepts, acts on feedback to improve customer Experience
GROW THE BUSINESS
COMPETENCY DEFINITION KEY CONCEPTS
Strategic Thinker Demonstrates vision and broad
perspective to drive business performance Sets direction/Long-term focus Visionary/Balances
short-term with long-term Embraces and knows risks and competition
Big Picture Thinker Understands relevant business concepts and processes and aligns with larger organization
Leads change inclusively and effectively
“Big picture” thinking/Systems thinking
Anticipating future trends
Executes and adapts plans, follows through on commitments and keeps up with pace of the business. Not afraid to innovate Prioritizing/Planning/Scheduling
Efficient time management/Results oriented Attention to detail/Follow-through/Demonstrates grit Looks for continuous improvement
Problem Solver & Decision Maker Analyzes information and objectively evaluates alternatives to make sound decisions
Judgment/Reasoning/Decisiveness Draws inferences/Innovation
Summarizes Information and data to inform decisions
Nature and Extent of Direct or Indirect Controls Exercised by the Supervisor:
- Task Level High
- Departmental/Division Level High
- Project Level High
- Consultative Level High
The amount of discretion or freedom this position has:
- Strict Adherence to Guidelines
- Interprets and Adapts Guidelines
- Develops and Implements Guidelines
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements:
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, retail stores, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The position requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing. Extensive travel required.