About Our Client:
As Canada's sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is "Leading Today for Tomorrow" by focusing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan, delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
Make your move to the City of Mississauga and come be part of something BIG!
The role of the IT Project Leader is to implement and fulfill approved technology projects for Finance and Procurement including implementation of new SAP modules and products, 3rdparty Finance and Procurement related solutions integrating with SAP, and new Fiori apps that support the City’s Strategic Plan. The IT Project Leader is responsible for planning, time schedules, budget/cost controls, quality assurance, human resources, communications, risk assessment and procurement/vendor management, workflow process, and business analysis change management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, blueprint, design, configure, test and implement solutions for S/4 HANA Finance/Procurement and related 3rdparty solutions including Fiori apps
- Manage project lifecycle (initiation, planning, monitoring, controlling, updating stakeholders on, and closing)
- Participate and act as a strategic advisor and subject matter expert for the SAP portfolio
- Develop and implement change management strategies to enable corporate adoption of new SAP solutions
- Responsible for application support and maintenance
- Lead, prioritize and follow up with issues to ensure resolution
- Contribute preliminary estimates of resource requirements and technology costs to the development of business cases for major projects and working with stakeholders to build business cases
- Create, forecast, monitor and manage project budgets, approving payments, providing status and updates
- Contract and vendor management, ensuring compliance and project completion
- Comply with all Information Technology service levels, change and version control, systems development methodology, standards, policies, audit and financial controls
- Promote a positive work environment through demonstrated initiative and leadership by example
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and delivering SAP solutions
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of SAP FI/CO/MM functional and implementation experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or SAP S/4 HANA
- Exceptional project management, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and senior level management
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of vendor management, contract administration, change management approaches and annual budgeting
- Proven written and presentation skills to various audiences
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate staff, stakeholders and contracted service providers
- SAP certification in FI/CO/MM is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by Project Management Institute is preferred
- Canadian municipal experience is preferred
- Commitment to service excellence and total quality is essential
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person