About Cloverdale Robotics.
At Cloverdale Robotics, we bring cutting edge educational robots, industry processes and best curriculum from around the world to Canada for kids age 6 to 13. We pride ourselves in creating the best Robotics and technology education program for school students in Canada! Currently we are providing robotics, coding and digital arts education to elementary and middles school students.
Full Time/ Part Time Instructor Role
We are coding instructors for elementary students. Mainly the visual programming languages like Scratch. We provide all the training in the curriculum. You will be travelling to various schools to conduct these classes. You get your schedules mostly beginning of the year with minimal monthly changes. College students are welcome and we offer flexible days based on classes.
You need to be based in Surrey/Coquitlam BC and need to travel to different locations(mostly schools) around the area. Once you receive a school/location you will be the permanent teacher there. You also get to choose your days and hours.
Work Location: In person
Willingness to travel: 100% (required)
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-time, Permanent
Hours & Flexibility:
- Weekdays: (Monday to Friday): Choose any or all days. 3 to 6 hours in the afternoon.
- Weekends : Full day or Part days.
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour. Our sessions are three hours minimum.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to manage the class of 12 to 20 students.
- At least 6 months experience in teaching school age kids (any subject) in a group setting.
- Knowledge of one of the visual programming language like Scratch. Nice to have: Python knowledge.
- Available 2 pm to 5 pm on weekdays on selected days.
- Be punctual.
- Successfully complete the training – go through the curriculum and learn it. We provide in person training too.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, grades, and assessments
- Safe custody of return of equipment.
- Create a positive and safe environment in which students can grow.
- Provide constructive feedback to parents and management after day’s classes.
- Term reports for students.
- Follow opening/closing duties daily in support of the organization.
- Wear the company provided T-shirts (if applicable) during teaching.
Two upcoming intake & training periods. Last week of September 2023 & First week of January 2024.
We thank all applicant for their interest in our organization but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No international applications or Visa support offered for this position.
Job Types: Internship / Co-op, Permanent, Part-time, Apprenticeship
Contract length: 9 months
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 10 per week
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person