Posted on September 29, 2023
This marketing specialist position brings the right candidate who has a love for small towns and working with stakeholders to the beautiful west coast of Vancouver Island, in Ucluelet. Tourism Ucluelet is seeking a creative and strategic individual to fill this position. This role reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the implementation of the annual marketing plan educating visitors of community expectations, supporting stakeholders, and expanding brand awareness by drawing like-minded visitors to the area. This position is for an individual who is an out-of-the-box thinker who makes data-driven decisions ensuring the annual marketing plan offers intriguing campaigns that share our messages in irreverent captivating ways.
- Ensure the annual marketing plan reflects our sustainability and visitor education goals through research and creative messaging building destination awareness.
- Work with third-party marketing agency and have understanding of:
o working in various digital channels (Email, social media, SEO, SEM, display ads, video, website) and monitoring content ensuring
o Purchasing social media buys, paid search and banner advertising spaces
o Managing paid social media campaigns (ad management, A/B testing, bid management, audience research) to ensure they are reaching targets.
o Continually monitor, analyze and report SEO/SEM/paid marketing efforts and performance metrics.
**If you have the experience to manage this work, it would be considered an asset to this position**
- Regularly monitor and manage, update, and improve the discoverucluelet.com website for PC and mobile applications.
- Strengthen the destination’s overall marketing presence by encouraging and collaborating with local stakeholders to optimize their social media and online presence.
- This may include assisting with hosting travel media on activities, dinner, etc.
- Development of collateral projects, coordinate details and monitor deliverables
- Moderate, collect and utilize User Generated Content to supplement TU content.
- Having an understanding of CrowdRiff is an asset but not required
- Work with Executive Director to oversee and provide direction to any marketing contractors.
- Liaising with contractors such as copywriters, photographers and videographers as required.
- Organize stakeholder workshops and events
A university degree or relevant experience in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing/communications/social media management role.
An understanding of the tourism industry, specifically relating to marketing is considered an asset.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with various audiences (including writing, verbal, presentation and listening skills)
Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
Exceptional organizational and time management capabilities with a strong attention to detail
Strategic and analytical thinker and ability to improvise and problem solve.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent writing and editing skills.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience working with CRM software is considered an asset.
Experience working in a DMO is considered an asset.
Travel, evenings, and weekends may be required as it pertains to special media tours/events or conferences
competitive wage based on experience 3 weeks holiday benefits hybrid work options travel on occasion