Job Title: Associate Brand Manager - Yogurt
Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are proud to say we are one of Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers; here’s why!
Lactalis Canada is enriching and nurturing the lives of Canadians with a diverse offering of dairy products such as Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings; our products are in 94% of Canadian homes! For over 140 years we’ve grown through innovation and a strong dedication to quality, and we’re looking for like minded individuals to keep that growth progressing by joining our team!
We offer a hybrid working model to accommodate the evolving needs of our employees, allowing for flexible work-weeks with 40% work-from-home. Our office has a collaborative, newly renovated workspace with a number of amazing benefits; free parking, free coffee, free yummy Lactalis snacks, a free on-site gym and other great perks to provide the best possible environment for success!
About the opportunity:
The Associate Brand Manager helps to plan, manage, and execute marketing initiatives on designated brands that fall within their ownership, in conjunction with their manager.
The attributes we are looking for:
- Brand Equity / Strategy. Develop and implement marketing /brand strategies (brand plans) on assigned brands in conjunction with their manager.
- Analysis and Insights into Action. Proactively monitor the achievement of volume and profitability targets of the brand(s) by tracking of competitive trade, consumer and promotion activity and issuing monthly reports of performance versus plan. This includes analysis of market, consumer, and financial data. Provide recommendations to maximize the growth opportunities and/or neutralize the threats by analyzing market trends, competitors, and retailer activity.
- Comms / Media / Promotions. Build the brand in the marketplace through execution of marketing activations such as media support, promotions, and promotional activity. Develop creative in conjunction with the Director of Marketing to ensure effective consumer communication.
- Innovation / Renovation/ Proactively manage projects that improve the business both short and long term such as reformulations, packaging changes, format adjustments, and re-launches through leading cross functional teams.
- Cross-functional Leadership. Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external (agency, research house, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.) support groups.
- Business Acumen/Management. Ensure spending strategies and field executions are in line to grow the business by collaborating with trade marketing and sales to analyze the business and develop action plans.
What you will bring:
- University degree in business
- 2 to 3 years brand marketing experience in consumer-packaged goods (food experience preferred)
- Proficient with Nielsen data
- Experience with consumer research methods an asset
- Experience with SAP and BW an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with reporting accuracy
- Solid understanding of marketing and business fundamentals
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong project management and problem-solving
- High sense of urgency and action-orientation
- Strong initiative, with a proactive mindset and the ability to influence without authority
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and function as a strong team player
- Proficient with standard office computer technology including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology
- Strong category management skills
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
- Competitive Compensation packages
- A Performance-Based Bonus System
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Comprehensive extended Health and Dental Benefits effective day 1
- A Pension Program with an Employer Match at 100% of up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $3,000/year
- A Volunteer Day to give back to your community
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A commitment to internal career advancement with potential for international mobility
- Maternity / Adoption / Parental top up program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dress for your day culture
- Paid bereavement and jury duty time off
- Paid leave to an employee for either an application or confirmation of citizenship
- Flexibility for course examination
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/EOE
Bring Your Uniqueness to Grow Our Culture
We believe each and every individual within the organization provides value. When we encourage and include the voices of all diverse backgrounds and perspectives, we open doors to unforeseen growth and allow individuals to bring their full authentic selves to work. In order to celebrate the uniqueness of our people and the communities in which we operate, we are committed to cultivating a fair and inclusive workplace that fosters real belonging for all.
Lactalis is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Please note Lactalis Canada does not request a credit check or conduct other background checks through the LinkedIn application process. If any of the foregoing is required, a Lactalis Canada employee will contact you after a Job Offer has been signed by you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON M9C 5J1