Sepro has a rewarding career opportunity in Langley, British Columbia for an PLC Programmer to join our growing team. The Automation Engineer (Automation Technician/Technologist) will work directly with customers all over the world to ensure that the electrical components of the equipment are running efficiently. You will be providing Sepro’s customers with hands-on service in diverse environments, including installation, commissioning, repairs and maintenance of Sepro’s mineral processing and aggregate equipment. Only accepting applications of candidates legally illegible to work in Canada.
· Wiring and testing machines in the shop
· Writing or troubleshooting machine programs
· Work with the technical writers to write or improve the manuals for the programs
· Provide timely customer support and develop designs and estimates for electrical and control system upgrades
· Check and review electrical, control and instrumentation systems including P&ID drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical and control equipment, connection diagrams, etc.
· Consistent, effective and professional customer and vendor communication
· Develop solutions to problems needing a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
· Design, configure and program PLC/HMI applications
· Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, etc.
· Present neat and clean appearance personally and in workmanship, in accordance with company policies
· Ability to work independently in remote locations without direct supervision
· Maintain good customer relationships and dedicated customer service
· Technician certificate in related fields OR Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or two-year diploma in automation technology, complemented with 3 years’ relevant experience
· Minimum 3 years of PLC programming experience
· Able and willing to travel to domestic and international locations up to 25% of the time
· Strong experience in commissioning, start-up, and troubleshooting of control systems
· Experience wiring, testing and commissioning equipment for fully assembled machines, parts orders, and new devices
· Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi equipment including VFDs, PLCs, and HMI
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
· Strong analytical and technical writing skills
· Track record of strong interpersonal, communication skills
· Self-managed and goal driven
· Genuinely collaborative ways of working
· Strong work ethic, organized with attention to detail
· Passport in good standing
Nice to have:
· Field commissioning experience
· Experience with mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing, and process consulting
· ERP experience in Industrious
· Multiple languages a strong asset
Sepro Mineral Systems Corp. is a rapidly expanding Canadian company operating internationally in the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries. The company’s core business for the last 30+ years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits.
Sepro is a company comprised of smart people with a can-do attitude. We are proactive, innovative and take pride in our work. Many of us are experts in our field and we’re committed to respecting each other, not our positions, and we frequently collaborate. This extends to our ways of working; we’re willing to roll up our sleeves to help get the job done and know we work best as a team. We also take integrity seriously, for us and for others. If this resonates with you, then we’ve got something in common.
Please send your resume for the Automation Engineer (Automation Technician/Technologist) role to indeed in a word document or pdf format and refer to the position listed in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those seriously considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
At Sepro we are following the guidelines put out by Work Safe BC and BC Public Health authority.
Work Location: In person