Boardwalk provides Canadians with a quality, comfortable, home living experience. We offer rental apartments and townhouses that come in a wide breadth of shapes, sizes and sets of amenities. We operate 33,000 units across Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Quebec.
Junior Support Technician
Looking for an exciting career opportunity? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team? Are you driven by customer satisfaction, and does the opportunity to be involved in various facets of IT support motivate you? If you said yes to all of these; this role is for you.
Experience and Education:
- Work within a small close-knit team to provide technical support and troubleshooting to our Associates and customers with a high degree of proficiency.
- Ticket management and incident resolution for a variety of hardware assets including thin clients, mobile devices (phones and tablets), network support, software installations, VOIP phones, internet access, printer and intercom support, anti-virus software/ malware remediation.
- Respond to customers via site visits, telephone or email to provide problem resolutions in accordance with our service standards.
- Use industry-leading monitoring and management platforms to deliver support
- Support user account management including rights, security and systems groups.
- Escalate issues appropriately to internal teams
- Provide support to remote personnel using a variety of available software tools.
- Security Systems, access control support as well as retrieval of video from digital video surveillance systems as required
- Provide Post-implementation support.
- Structured cabling and terminating as required in Leasing office renovation projects.
Non Technical Requirements :
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical support capacity.
- College/Technical School Diploma or Certification required or appropriate work experience or combination of education plus experience.
- Microsoft / A Plus / Network+ certifications as a plus
- Working Knowledge of iOS, and Android devices.
- Technical knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft Office 365 Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience with Help Desk Ticketing systems
- Proficiency with Windows 10, Active Directory, Web Programs and administration.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to fellow associates.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain utmost confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Positive Attitude, courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Detail oriented with effective organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and with other associates in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing systems and new technology.
- Must have valid Driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel locally.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining quality and consistency of service.
Boardwalk recognizes our Associates as our most valuable asset. We are proud to offer:
- A safe and respectful work culture that attracts, supports, develops, and recognizes high-performing and innovative team members
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to industry salary data
- Paid vacation time plus 6 flex days
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Health & Dental, Critical Illness, & Life Insurance Benefits
- Group RRSP with generous employer matching
- Paid Training & Development opportunities
- Fitness & Wellness Reimbursement
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Post-offer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
Ready to shape the future of our communities? Come work with us and learn where doing what you love means never working a day in your life!
Deeply rooted in family spirit and humility, Boardwalk’s five core values of integrity, associates, teamwork, customer service and social responsibility are more than just words - they are a way of life. Coupled with our Golden Foundation of ‘treat others as you would like to be treated,’ ‘be good,’ ‘love community’ and ‘have fun,’ we believe in happiness and creating the most memorable experiences for both our Associates and Resident Members, continually looking for new and innovative ways to enhance and strengthen all our Boardwalk communities.
We hope these values speak to you as they speak so meaningfully to us!