Digital Marketing Manager
Red Deer Polytechnic is looking for an individual with a passion to communicate the Polytechnic’s brand as a Digital Marketing Manager. We strive to provide our stakeholders with innovative marketing and communications strategies that are consistent with Red Deer Polytechnic’s overall brand image and connect with our institution’s diverse audiences.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing, planning, creating, and supervising the operations of the Digital Marketing function within the Marketing and Communications Department. We are looking for a creative strategist who has a strong understanding of digital marketing strategy, including web design, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, paid digital advertising, content writing and data analysis. This role is the functional leader and will oversee a small team, along with the development and execution of the annual digital marketing strategy, including market research, and financial and operational responsibilities to support Red Deer Polytechnic’s comprehensive digital marketing needs.
Digital Marketing Leadership & Strategy
- Oversees the development of annual digital marketing strategy to support brand growth and increased awareness among key stakeholders of RDP’s products and services.
- Ensures search engine optimization (SEO) and website best practice to optimize digital content.
- Leads the strategic content planning process for digital marketing team.
- Sets web, social and digital key performance indicators for the institution.
- Understands the digital marketing landscape, including new tools and platforms. Provides recommendations on how to leverage existing and new platforms to grow the brand.
- Leads effective recruitment, retention, supervision, coaching, performance management in compliance with People and Culture policies and procedures, FOIPP, and collective agreements in support of a high performing team.
- Directs the day-to-day operations for Digital Marketing team.
- Fosters a creative and inclusive environment that encourages high performance and creativity.
- Leads with a collaborative approach that drives engagement, removes silos, and focuses energy on collective vision and targets.
- In collaboration with AVP, Marketing & Communications owns the preparation, development, and monitoring of operating and capital budgets, and works to manage the budget process and implementation.
- Coordinates and monitors budget transactions and financial issues within scope of authority and resolves issues as they arise.
- Ensures appropriate financial processes, policies and approvals are followed.
- Works closely with the Financial Services Department to ensure all digital marketing expenditures for the institution and individual requesting departments are reconciled on a monthly basis for all external media and other advertising and promotional expenses.
- Works with colleagues in Finance and People and Culture to ensure continuous improvement of processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Professional designation in social media or digital marketing an asset.
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree, or three (3) year undergraduate degree plus one full additional year of university in a related program representing four years of study or equivalent:
- Please specify which program is required for this role: Digital marketing and communications. Demonstrated graphic design sensibility
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate requesting department needs
$85,816 - $104, 310 annually
Benefits and Compensation Information
Red Deer Polytechnic offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to Institution closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays.
- Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits is dependent upon the EXEMPT Terms and Conditions of Employment and related RDP policies.
About Red Deer Polytechnic
Focused on advancing the economic and social priorities of Alberta, Red Deer Polytechnic (RDP) provides more than 80 industry-relevant programs within a breadth of credentials to approximately 6,300 credit and apprenticeship students and 3,400+ learners with Extended Education programming. With modern teaching and learning spaces, and state-of-the-art research and innovation centres in advanced manufacturing and energy innovation, the Polytechnic provides applied research opportunities, leadership in the social, economic, and cultural development of Alberta, and myriad lifelong learning opportunities.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Métis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another.
Whatever brings you to Red Deer Polytechnic, we are glad you are here. And we look forward to having you as a valued member of our polytechnic community.