Our client, MANCO HR, is recruiting for a Business Development Manager based in Alberta. Manco HR was established as a subsidiary of the BM Group of Companies to provide staffing solutions to Warehousing, Construction, Distribution & Logistics and Transportation companies in British Columbia. As a result of their continued growth and success in western Canada, Manco HR has expanded to eastern and western Canada with a presence in Ontario and Alberta. Due to their strength in client satisfaction, Manco HR is growing significantly and is currently looking for a promising business development professional with an outstanding work ethic and a proven client acquisition background to continue this exciting future for the business.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director in leading the development of the business, primarily with the acquisition and maintenance of clients. Through a “hunter” mentality, this role will generate leads through marketing and networking. This role will cultivate strong client relationships by meeting with clients frequently to understand their needs so that they can address them through customized staffing solutions. This role should be skilled at both attracting new business and closing deals. The right person will always be building the company’s profile, looking for more business and finding the best ways to promote Manco HR.
The primary function of this role will be to organize and participate in sales activities in a given geographic territory or with specific accounts by making regular personal and telephone contacts, participating in industry events, professional associations, and other Business to Business activities. Specific activities of the role include:
Sales and Marketing Activities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business development strategy to drive growth and revenue for the business.
- Support business growth through active pursuit of sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking.
- Build and strengthen new and existing client relationships to achieve successful placements, long-term partnerships and client satisfaction.
- Act as the main point of contact for matters relating to client needs.
- Work collaboratively with the recruitment team to ensure the timely delivery of quality services to clients
- Assist the Managing Director in driving the overall recruitment/HR Consulting and business strategies.
- Establish sales goals to ensure maximum market share and gross margin with the Managing Director.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to pre-set objectives.
- Organize and conduct all marketing and sales endeavours within the branch territory.
- Determine new sales opportunities by monitoring new business start-ups, move-ins, and expansions.
- Conduct sales calls including negotiating rates, reviews, and approving proposals.
- Conduct sales training meetings.
- Join and actively participate in approved civic, professional, and industry organizations to develop personal skills and contacts for future business relationships.
- Establish office and individual objectives with the Managing Director.
- Support the recruitment of warehousing associates, assemblers, sanitation workers and other warehousing & logistics professionals.
- Guide and develop internal staff, aid in the promotion and succession planning process.
- Working with the Managing Director to identify and create individual staff training and development needs and opportunities.
- Coach and Mentor junior staff.
Client and Public Relations:
- Represents Manco HR at local job fairs, industry events, conferences, community service projects, and career days. Speaks to various groups, schools, and potential recruiting sources.
- Plans and directs the communication of information designed to keep the public informed of various programs, accomplishments, and opportunities with the Managing Director.
- Responds to requests for information from print and broadcast media.
- Ensures a professional office appearance and the safety of all employees, applicants, and visitors.
- Tour client facilities with the Safety/ Risk Management Specialist, evaluating the work environment and compliance with legal notice-posting requirements.
- Investigation of allegations of harassment and misconduct, recommends appropriate action and ensures non-retaliation.
Education, Experiences, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Marketing, or a related field.
- Must have at least three years of experience in a similar setting, such as within the recruitment industry, with a proven track record.
- Have the knowledge and ability to apply effective client management and sales techniques.
- Ability to define client’s problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understand and be able to apply effective HR policies and problem-solving principles.
- Strong Computer skills – Word / PowerPoint / Excel to compose routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Travel to client offices and team meetings as required.
- Additional language skills such as French or Spanish are desirable but not essential to the position's success.
- Comfort with a fully remote work environment and willingness to travel to BC and ON as needed.
This role is ideally suited for a proactive Business Development professional with a positive outlook. We're seeking a candidate enthusiastic about contributing significantly to the company's expansion. This position offers a genuine entrepreneurial opportunity within an organization that boasts a track record of success. With an inspiring and dynamic leadership team, the successful candidate will be driven to excel and work towards advancing to a Branch Manager role. Additionally, this position offers the flexibility to work from home five days a week, providing a healthy work-life balance.
We ask that individuals interested in exploring this opportunity send their resumes to us. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected to move forward will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates currently residing in Calgary or Edmonton.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person