Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a Senior Production Associate on a temporary basis on our Strategy team.
This position is a hybrid opportunity and will be based in Saskatoon, SK.
If you are just starting your career in marketing and are interested in print and production, this is the opportunity for you to take a step into the strategy team and FCL!
What you’ll do:
- Support in determining the most efficient and cost-effective method for prepress, printing, flyer production and timelines and digital output production for FCL’s communications. This includes but is not limited to the following options; offset and digital printing, large format inkjet, laser printing, social media and web. You will also provide support for tools such as Brand Library, Canva and Ad Builder.
- Serve as the technical advisor to the department’s graphic production vendors working to solve production problems and to determine a solution. This includes printers, external vendors supplying artwork, prepress service bureaus, other specialty manufacturers and video/digital providers.
- Assist the Production Supervisor in establishing and maintaining production procedures. You will write procedural memos and maintain a production procedure manual and maintain flyer style guides are up to date.
- Receive new graphic projects as they enter the department and track them throughout the production process. This may include opening new projects in the department’s project management application.
- Collaborate to determine fast-track jobs for designers and production staff based on channel and/or department and designer’s workload.
- Provide insights and other observations related to marketing projects and contribute in brainstorming meetings and assist in the development of quality communications that meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Other duties as required.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: You will work closely with the Marketing team, and report into the Production Supervisor. This team strives to cultivate a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
The Collaborators: You will work closely with the Retail Coordinator, Digital Coordinator, Creative Manager, Printing Supervisor, and Marketing Supervisor on printing and production projects.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Sales & Marketing and:
- Have a one-year Art’s Diploma or equivalent industry certificate and a minimum of Minimum of 10 years’ experience in production and printing field preferably in both digital and offset prepress as well as one-year digital output for web.
- OR two-year Art’s Diploma or equivalent industry certificate and a Minimum of (5) five years’ experience in production and printing field preferably in both digital and offset prepress as well as one-year digital output for web.
- You’re familiar with using the Microsoft Office Suite software, the Internet and project management software (Mavenlink preferred), Adobe Creative Suite package; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- You have experience with database management related to data-merging.
- Other knowledge gained through experience includes prepress procedures, print production procedures, bindery procedures, web output and the various supplies and products available considered a plus.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and what we offer, visit fcl.crs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via fc[email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by September 27, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLLP
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.