We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a
culture of inclusion
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Software Development Engineer (Backend) - IDS1085
Mastercard's Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security, a Mastercard company, is an award-winning company that predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behaviour. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviours annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioural and biometric analysis, letting clients predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
NuData Security is looking for a Software Development Engineer (internally known as Senior Software Engineer) for our leading behavioural and fraud analysis product - NuDetect.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to own technical solutions for our NuDetect product
- Work on web services in a microservices architecture
- Build high-scale, global solutions
- Advocate for and apply software engineering best practices
Essential knowledge and experience:
- A professional software development engineering experience
- Proficient in working with at least one object-oriented language
- Demonstrated the ability to work on complex technical solutions
- Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Understanding of scalable computing systems and software architecture
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including architecture, design, coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, operations
- Experience with PHP, Java, or Python
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD Pipeline, Docker, etc.
- Experience building high-scale, global products with cloud providers
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, or Others)
- Experience with containerization and monitoring tools such as DataDog and Splunk
- Experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST-based web services
- Experience/interest in fraud detection and security
In return, we offer a hybrid work environment based out of the Vancouver Mastercard Tech Hub that includes work from anywhere for weeks as per Mastercard policy.
We also offer beautiful views of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn't stink, and colleagues who are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a company, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don't forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.