We are looking for an experienced Product Development Manager from the Club Retail segment to define and execute the Club product development plan in collaboration with the Business Unit Manager.
This includes new product development and sourcing strategies within the Storage and Organization category, housewares, and hardware. The ideal candidate is looking for a collaborative, in-office role in Oakville that will focus on building and growing the listing presence of the Club store channel side by coordinating and leading all product development activities from the ground up to product launch. In the office 2-3 days per week, some work-from-home flexibility. Must live within an hour of Oakville for convenience.
We ideally would like someone with strong retailer/ manufacturing product management experience and North American major club account retail familiarity. Add in a strong sense of trend, colour, style & fashion with a solid academic discipline gained from Business or Engineering and now you have captured our interest!
The overall purpose of this role is to drive sales while increasing profitability within the assigned channels as a strong right arm to the Business Unit Manager.
This atmosphere and company culture is beyond incredible. Stunning office, incredible amenities, a gym on-site, open beautifully designed space made to foster creativity, communication, collaboration, and fun! Close proximity to Go station, plenty of parking, electric car charging stations- all meticulously designed with the employee in mind.
- Define and execute the Club product development plan in collaboration with Business Unit Manager including new product development and sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate and lead all product development activities from grounds up to product launch.
- Complete periodic market and competitive research for the Club product categories.
- Work collaboratively with the design team on the concepts and designs of new products.
- Develop new products with associated target cost, suggested retail, key features & benefits, and product positioning strategy.
- Work with the Head Engineer on the sample's reviews, feasibility, and testing requirements.
- Lead communication directly with factories related to all product development activities, including but not limited to quotes and sample requests, alignment of technical specifications, sample approval, and drive cost negotiation, among others.
- Work with Packaging Specialist and Marketing on developing product packaging concepts, die lines, POD configurations, photography, and artwork availability.
- Create the SKU set-up in our system (PLM) and keep updated.
- Support and work closely with Sales on developing presentations and coordinating product samples for presentations.
- Attend face-to-face meetings with factories, vendors, and design shows.
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Live within an easy drive to Oakville for the in-office responsibilities; will have some work-from-home flexibility but, must live under an hour drive to Oakville
- Bachelor’s Degree / 5+ years previous product management experience within a retailer/manufacturing environment
- North American major club account retail familiarity (Costco, SAM’s, BJ’s) including an understanding of operational requirements protocols.
- Strong grasp of product trends, fashion, and colour/pattern.
- Exposure to offshore manufacturing and importing.
- Strong technical orientation with an ability to interact with the development team and factories specializing in plastic injection, cut and sew, and multi-material fabrication.
- Extremely high level of organizational skills and acute attention to detail with strong financial acumen including a thorough understanding of financial metrics (including sales, gross profit contribution margin, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills – the ability to make a well-supported argument / engage with the sales team and buyers.
- Working in a team environment with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively both verbally and written.
- Multi-tasking with an ability to process requests, and manage priorities to achieve stated results and objectives.
- A technical problem-solver with a positive attitude
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work collaboratively with the internal team, China team, factories, and Innovation partners in France.