Insurance Account Representative - Desjardins Agent Team Member
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Type: Full Time
In the heart of Newmarket, Shobha Soobrattee Insurance Agency has been serving Newmarket and the surrounding communities for over 27 years. We are seeking a qualified professional to join our team for the role of Insurance Account Representative.
We pride ourselves on improving the well-being of our clients and the communities we serve. If you are an energetic professional interested in growing along with our business through value-based conversations and remarkable customer experience and if you are a motivated self-starter who enjoys working with the public, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income potential.
The successful candidate will work closely with the agent and senior representative on the team.
- Objectives will include:
- Property and Casualty and Life Insurance sales and support.
- Ensure all incoming calls, emails and in-person inquiries are answered in a timely manner.
- Schedule appointments, identify client needs, and match to appropriate products and services.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions and billing clarification (education provided).
- Find new clients and identify new needs with existing clients.
- Continuous learning to stay informed in the ever-changing insurance industry.
Qualifications and Skills:
- General and Life Licences OR willingness to obtain (exams and passing grade required).
- Premier communication skills - our team is tasked with taking care of clients in person, via telephone and email. It is important that you are effective at building relationships regardless of the medium selected.
- A track record of persistence - we believe in taking care of our clients' needs, but also know that lives are busy! Done respectfully, the selected candidate may need several attempts to connect and discuss opportunities with clients/prospects. We ensure that every client is well protected.
- A good sense of humour and general positivity. We are a small but mighty team and look forward to working closely with you as you grow in your career.
- Sales experience with a successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas.
- As we take care of our clients financial well-being, a criminal background check is required.
- Salary plus unlimited commission income potential $40,000.00 - $60,000.00/year
- Bonus opportunitiesbased on individual and team accomplishments.
- Work/Life balance: A Hybrid model will be available after training is complete.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks' vacation, 3 days personal time, 5 days sick leave.
- These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.