Cloud Developer – Azure & AWS
On behalf of our client, Procom is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Developer/Engineer for a eleven (11) month engagement based in Burnaby, British Columbia. This client is pleased to offer a remote work model for this role.
Cloud Developer Job Details
Azure and AWS Engineering and Software Development
- Design and implement Cloud Landing Zones (Azure Landing Zone, AWS Landing Zone) for complex multi-organization unit multi-Cloud environments.
- Develop self-service solution consumption and deployment frameworks.
- Promote solution reusability and implement self-monitoring mechanisms.
- Create and maintain automated deployment pipelines using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CICD) principles.
- Manage and provide cloud infrastructure as code using Azure Bicep, Azure ARM, AWS Cloud Formation, and AWS CDK.
- Contribute to the development and reliability engineering (SRE) of our Cloud Service Provider (CSP) platform.
- Participate in full stack solution development, following test-driven development and deployment practices.
- Embed security measures at all stack levels to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our cloud-based solutions.
- Provide Tier 3 support functions for production environments.
- Create comprehensive and shareable documentation for full solutions.
Cloud Operations and Sustainment
Cloud Developer Mandatory Skills
- Design and maintain operating procedures to ensure efficient cloud operations.
- Process operational tasks and tickets promptly and accurately.
- Develop reports and dashboards for monitoring and reporting on security standards.
- Monitor and enforce security standards to protect cloud resources.
- Perform daily system and platform health checks and document their status.
- Proactively analyze resources to identify potential service incidents and security events.
- Troubleshoot and respond to production issues, escalating to Tier 2/3 or other teams as needed.
- Demonstrate experience with Information Technology Service Management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library processes, including Incident Management, Event Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Release Management.
Cloud Developer Nice-To-Have Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Seven (7) years experience in Azure and AWS engineering and software development within large enterprise environments.
- Strong expertise in Cloud Landing Zones, self-service solution frameworks, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles.
- Proficiency in Azure Bicep, Azure ARM, AWS Cloud Formation, and AWS CDK.
- Hands-on experience in CSP platform development and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices.
- Familiarity with full stack solution development and test-driven development (TDD).
- Deep understanding of security practices, with a focus on embedding security at all stack levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Relevant certifications in Azure and AWS
Eleven (11) month contract with the potential for three (3) extensions of six (6) months each.
Main office located in Burnaby, British Columbia. Consultants may work remotely within Canada. Consultants are expected to be available during PST/PDT hours for the duration of the project.