Title: Coordinator, Sponsorship & Member Solutions
Reports to: Manager, Communications
The Alberta Motor Transport Association is a province-wide, not-for-profit, advocacy and safety training association that strives to facilitate the safe and efficient transport of people and goods to make life better for Albertans. For more than 80 years, our work has encompassed a broad range of environmental, social, economic, safety and compliance matter that impact provincial highways. Research and innovation are now at the forefront of our projects, enabling the AMTA to bring key stakeholders together to lead research and develop new technologies that will significantly enhance the industry while reducing human and environmental impacts.
Character of our People
Relentless professional integrity with a commitment to service, collaboration, fairness, and respect that celebrates diversity and drives excellence in everything we do.
Exploring opportunities for continuous improvement to provide solutions that support and encourage positive advancement of AMTA and industry.
Hearing and responding to our members; respecting the importance of their experience and continuously striving to create value that exceeds expectations throughout our planning and delivery.
Passion for the Industry and Safety
Bringing our energy and expertise to everything we do in support of an essential industry that makes the world a better place.
Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Instill Trust: Gains the trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Safety Minded: Promotes and contributes to a positive, healthy, and safe work environment in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations
Ensure Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
Effective Communication: Develops and delivers multi-purpose communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Encourages Innovation: Looks for better ways for the organization to be successful, accepts diverse thoughts, drives change, and can handle ambiguity
Builds Networks: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside of the organization
Self-Aware: Uses feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and areas for development
Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people- related organizational dynamics
Emotional Intelligence: the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically
The Coordinator, Sponsorship & Member Solutions provides general customer and administrative support as part of the Communications & Member Services teams. This position supports AMTA events and other sponsorship activities including the AMTA+ member program; collaborates with event committees; and utilizes communications, marketing, research, and tactical supports to help AMTA reach its strategic sponsorship objectives. This position is integral to providing an exceptional customer member experience to everyone who engages with AMTA.
- Oversee sponsorship and fundraising activities within the organization (identify, build, maintain, and expand corporate sponsorships and fundraising initiatives)
- Work to develop relationships with AMTA sponsors, potential sponsors, and AMTA+ membership to foster a sense of growth and engagement
- Oversee, negotiate, and seek approval for all contractual agreements with vendors and service providers
- Support and coordinate sponsorships and events across the Alberta
- Oversees risk management for sponsorships and events, ensuring permits, licenses, and insurance documents are obtained as required
- Research trends in corporate sponsorships and events and provide recommendations for innovative opportunities that help meet strategic objectives and align with members' needs
- Promote AMTA and its products and services to members, industry, and the public
- Communicate information and create awareness of the various AMTA programs to Alberta employers
- Contact all new Members and discuss AMTA, opportunities to get involved and what support can be provided to members with the use of CRM, email, phone, or other
- Ability to research and offer solutions & provide recommendation to management on new opportunities
- Be a collaborative part of strategy development for customer segment needs & solutions
- Assist, alongside with the marketing team, ensure all of AMTA has accurate contacts & communications completed in accordance with the process through CRM & MailChimp
- Support the continuous growth of AMTA+, COR, SECOR, and other programs of safety excellence
- Provide administrative support to the Member Services Team
- Excellent communication skills including emails, phone & in person opportunities
- Document creation, editing, proofreading, and formatting
- Assist in monthly reporting requirements
- Assist with administering meetings including invites, venue booking, minutes & other administrative duties as required
- Manage WCB accounts into CRM and update existing member information
- Set-up and run reports from CRM as required
- Work alongside Member Services to best determine how to support data in the CRM and train team members on its use. Extend training to other departments as project grows
- Co-point of contact for problem solving with CRM & CRM improvements
- Other related duties as assigned
- Well-honed, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Experience with event planning and marketing software and platforms an asset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in Event/Project Management, Business Administration, Marketing & Communications, or another relevant field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Experience: Minimum four years’ experience in an office admin and sponsorship position, preferably in the transportation industry.
The following areas of experience are considered assets:
- Sales Experience
- Remote Customer Support
- Ticket/Request Handling
- Invoice Creation
- Payment Processing
- Professional Writing
- MS Office 365 – high level proficiency
- MS SharePoint
- Statistics and Analysis
- Management Systems Administration
Hybrid of professional office, work-from-home
AMTA is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone and the principle of equity in employment. AMTA encourages applications from all qualified individuals; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to complete all applicable background checks (which may include, criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks satisfactory to the AMTA.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in joining our organization and becoming part of a strong, dynamic team, please forward your resume by October 4, 2023.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-04
Expected start date: 2023-10-30