At SMS Equipment, the Customer Marketing Manager will lead the development of the working model/practice between the operational business functions and the marketing department. The Customer Marketing Manager will lead a team of marketing and planning professionals and be accountable for how marketing drives business growth in each of the core business functions of Mining, Construction and Parts and Service.
This position offers a hybrid work arrangement.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $125,000.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coach and develop a group of Marketing Business Partners to meet the needs and growth plans of the organization, the demands of customers and the evolving research requirements of the organization.
- Oversee, evaluate and adjust the complete Marketing Business Plan Development Process to ensure continuously improving plans for business units that ladder up to the corporate business goals.
- Work with Marketing Business Partners to develop strategic marketing plans with a focus on understanding audience targets, buyer personas, white-space opportunities for growth.
- Support the development of new solutions, services, communications and experiences based on customer insights and behaviours to support both short and long-term strategies.
- Develop strong working relationships with business General Managers and Vice Presidents to ensure alignment on marketing program and shared accountability on impact to SMS growth and value created.
- Lead the development and implementation of customers personas, segmentation, customer insights, and analytics.
- Lead the interpretation and analysis of large and diverse data sets to identify customer trends, needs, behaviours and opportunities while monitoring and maintaining data quality.
- Create and maintain positive, 3rd party vendor relationships with key marketing services providers.
- Manage data maintenance and market research budgets and collaborate with Customer Insights & Business Intelligence and other key stakeholders, to effectively and efficiently source all information needed for the business which will aid in insights and strategy development, execution, and measurement.
The successful candidate will possess an Undergraduate Degree in Business, Commerce, Communications, Marketing or a related field plus a minimum of 7 years relatable experience. Other requirements include:
- Sound knowledge of leadership, management of marketing operations, and the construction, mining, and forestry industries.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer service is essential.
- Well developed research capabilities.
- Ability to develop strong strategic marketing plans and lead and implement change.
- Ability to lead projects and influence stakeholders from various departments.
- Ability to set objectives which are realistic but aggressive, and to realize the results of those objectives.
- Excellent time management skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to appropriately assess priorities.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage a budget.
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications (programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook) and software applicable to the Marketing/Sales function.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
At SMS Equipment, safety is one of our values and we care for each other, without exception. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.